Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy 50th to Robin.

Saturday Jan. 30 a birthday party for my friend Robin, was hosted by her mother and sister-in-law Nancy. It was attended by a lot of her friends, some of which, I hadn't seen in a long time. It was great to get together and remember times gone by.


I remember I met Robin 23 years ago, at a birthday party for a group of her friends, whose birthdays were either at the end of January or coming up in February.(Most of those friends were at this party too.) Since my birthday is also in February, her friends included me in their celebration and that began our friendship. A lot has happened in the 23 years since we became friends.


Since I needed to make something special for this momentous occasion, I decided to make a pocket card. These have been around for a long time but I had a design in mind and thought it would be really nice to open a box and see this elaborate card. So here is the design I came up with for the 50th birthday party:


101_1229


The flowers in the pocket card are all handmade, and, with the exception of the one in the front (the $50.00 fan), they are made from lowly newspaper.Its amazing what a little Glimmer Mist and a few circle cut newspapers can turn into. The flowers turned out really beautiful. Robin was "over the moon" with this card. Hope you like it as much as she did.


Oh, here are a few pics of the party, make sure you check out the one of the cake:


101_1230 101_1231 101_1232 101_1234



101_1235 101_1236 101_1238 101_1239


These are just a few pic's that I took that night. Nancy's home was packed with friends that came to celebrate Robin's 50th. It was a blast!!!


Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon


Barbara









No comments: