Sunday, June 13, 2010

Zentangle





Are you familiar with Zentangle? No??
Well click here to see more info on an interesting art form. I happen to really like it and I worked one up but used a stamp instead of drawing a freeform design. Sometimes zentangle reminds me of  Paula Best.
Here is the stamp and the image that I started from. I stamped using a permanent black ink, I happened to use India Ink.

Next I drew lines within the image to further define areas. After that, I used Micron and Spica pens in various colors to color the different areas of the butterfly.Here is the finished image.

 And here is a close up of the finished Zentangle butterfly. There is no right or wrong to this art form. I love it and it is really kind of relaxing when making your designs. I guess that is where is the name comes from.


Try one and see what you get. These really look great in black and white so you don't need to use colors at all.

Have fun with this!!

That is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,
Barbara

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Barbara, you did a great job on your Zentangle. I love the butterfly you started with!

Hopemore Studio said...

I think you nailed it on the head when you say there is no right or wrong way to do zentangle. It looks very freeing creatively, I can see why you enjoy it so much.

Angie

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, I'm inspired! LOVE the butterfly with the Zentangle. IN fact, a similar butterfly by Holly Berry sits in my stash. What a fun way of using it! Hmmmm, now to color it with EPs & Glitters LOL

Donna Ellis said...

Here it is more than 3 years later, and I'm still in awe with this art you made, Barbara. So glad you had labels enabled so I could find your zentangling. hugs, de