Saturday, October 2, 2010

Today is World Card Making Day


Today is World Card Making Day so in celebration I designed a card and used some stamps that I just received from Innovative Stamp Creations. These are from their latest release. Aren't they great. I love birds. Besides the bird stamp, the birdhouse and nest really sold me on this set. I have quite a few sets from this company. So I decided to make a card for you today using this set.

I stamped the birdhouse and decided it needed depth on the inside so I just added a few lines and put the nest in the birdhouse. I hope you can see the little bit I added to give the inside of the birdhouse some depth. I used another stamp from this company for the background. Love the watery handwriting background. It looks like someone wrote a note and then it got wet and bled out somewhat. (Hope that makes sense.) I used some distressed inks and Adirondack inks to color and distress the card.

I opened my mailbox today and there were 3 stamp sets from Sparkle N Sprinkle. Two are brand new releases for Christmas, and one of these Christmas releases coordinates with a Spellbinders die set and I already have a few designs in mind.  So make sure to stop back for more Christmas ideas for you holiday cards.

Well that is it for today, thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

Barbara





2 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

Very pretty stamp set Barb, I can think of all kinds of fun projects with that birdhouse!

Angie

Donna Ellis said...

I LOVE that stamp set, Barbara! And your card is so sweet and warm. What a great combination of stamps.