Monday, November 19, 2012

Sympathy

Hi Everyone,
I want to share a card with you that I made for my monthly club meeting this month. The theme this month was to make a sympathy card so using this beautiful angel here is that card that I made.

This stamp is from Stampers Anonymous and is a stamp that I have used so many times, I have lost count. It is a perfect image for sympathy and Christmas and..... I am sure you can think of other occasions you would use this stamp for as well.

It seems that my style for sympathy cards, generally speaking, is a really simple card. Since I didn't photograph the inside (sorry), here is the sentiment I used:


When you awaken in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush,
Of quiet birds in circled flight, 
I am the soft stars that shine at night,
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

The sentiment stamp is from the Stamp Barn and there is another sentiment that they offer that is also perfect for a sympathy card.

Those swirly corners I used are from Heartfelt Creations, and are in die set HCD-702 Decorative Butterfly Border Die. 

Well,Thanksgiving is closing in and then Christmas will be here shortly thereafter. Have a great day and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.









10 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card for such a sad occasion. Caroline xxx

Brenda said...

lovely!

Anne Temple said...

Your sympathy card is beautiful, as is the sentiment you used.

Cammy404 said...

What a lovely card! I love the frame (gotta get one!) :) Just beautiful!!

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, your sympathy card is beautiful! Such a serene image, with just a hint of color. Very elegant. The text is a lovely one for sympathy. Thank you for sharing it.

April said...

This is beautiful! What a wonderful job you did on this!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love the vintage look. A wonderful sympathy card indeed!

Shona Erlenborn said...

A beautiful sympathy card - with the saying. Love the use of the die cut too.

Gita said...

Very pretty card. Love the image.

Donna Maligno said...

Love the feel and look of his card, Barb. That looks like a HC die in the back! Great job.