Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Tag of Flowers

Thanks for stopping in today and welcome to July.

Do you believe it,  July 1!!! WOW. I stopped in to Staples to pick up a new planner and it was chocked full of back to school stuff. That's when it hit me that school will be back in session before long. Seems like summer is just getting started.

Over at Craft-Dee BowZ their July challenge has started and this is my inspiration project. The challenge theme is always Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow. The challenge runs for the whole month, so you have plenty of time  to get a project made and submitted.

Here is a a tag I made to share with you and I added a triple loop bow to set this off. This tag will look great hanging on a gift , won't it!!




Here is a close-up of my bow. It's a triple loop bow and using the Craft-Dee BowZ makes making a bow, so easy!!! 



Take a peek at the embossed dots that surround the stamped hollyhock sprig in the pic.below. You won't believe how I was able to get the embossed dots exactly where I wanted them to appear. No I didn't go thru the task of making a template out of chipboard, cutting out the image and then placing that template over the embossing folder. That is a great way to get the effect but that takes a lot of time then I would need to save it for a future use.


Here is how easy it is to get this look.
I slid my stamped oval into the embossing folder and used a rubber mallet to select just where those dots will appear and hit that area with the mallet. It was fun to smack that embossing folder with the mallet and I love the fact that you can pick and choose where the embossed design is to show up on the card stock.This way is quick and easy and the only thing to save is the rubber mallet.

I took that picture before I finished adding more hollyhock die cuts to finish the tag..


Check out that green vine ribbon. I have some plastic washer-like embellishments in my stash and I just slid them onto the ribbon and the leaves keep them from sliding off. What a fun and interesting look.

Before I leave you today, just a reminder, over at Craft-Dee BowZ the July theme for the designers' posts is Tags and Flowers, so, come by each Tuesday and you will be treated to wonderful tag creations. I sure hope you can join Craft-Dee BowZ blog for great inspiration throughout the month.


SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Penny Black - Flower Festival
Paper/Card Stock
: White CS, Pink CS
Ink: Memories - Black
Dies Used:Impression Obsession-  Holly Hock
Accessories
Ribbon,, Distress Markers, Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam, plastic washers.

I am submitting my project in the following challenges:
See you soon,



6 comments:

PennyRae's Mandala Creation's said...

WOW! Great job with the flowers. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. PennyRae DT

susiestacey said...

What a beautiful tag, love the stamp and pretty pink - great idea too for getting the dots where you want them.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Favourite stamp' challenge and hope to see you in the new challenge starting this Sunday x Susan x

ursula Uphof said...

Love this tag Barbars and a great tip to get the dots in the right place.
Thanks for sharing, hugs, Ursula

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love this tag and how the flowers are dimensional - so pretty. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Laurian said...

Great tag!

Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugz

Laurian
Owner Dragonfly Dreams

Shirley said...

Talk about inspiration, Barbara, all I need to do was visit your blog!! I love this tag and the bow (butterfly) with the center ribbon. Wow!!!