Saturday, May 20, 2017

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #58

Hello everyone and welcome back.

Time for another challenge over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
The sponsors for this challenge are 

Crafts and Me

AND



I choose to use  4 Square Floral from Bugaboo Stamps



This image has quite a few possibilities - and I decided to do something a little different

I printed the image and cut the CS into a 6X6 square.
 By doing that, I couldn't use a decorative corner punch 
because it would cut into the corners of the image. So that was out.
However when you use a corner punch here is waste 
so I  used some of that waste and it gave me a great look.

I used this Martha Stewart punch - Scallop 3 Dot
See that L shaped piece, well I used  one in each of the 4 corners and then I used more


I put two together to make this shape. 
BTW I did not use the dots

OK here is the end result of 


I added small triangles on the side center spots. 

I decided to  make the 3 floral images on the digi more dimensional
To do that I actually had printed a second sheet to be able to make the dimensional pieces

I used another MS punch - 3 in 1 Hydrangea, and used the smaller flower and shaped them and glued them to the image and next added yellow Flower Soft to the bloom centers

Here is a close up
This looked like a hyacinth bloom 
so the little flowers on the punch worked perfectly on this image
This turned out really great looking

Next image -  I just popped another daisy on top of the daisy on the card panel

I added color and glitter to the center

I did the same thing to the other floral image and the small leaf 


For the sentiment I just added glitter, no dimension here.

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digi image - Bugaboo - 4 Square Floral
Paper/Card Stock
: White CS, Purple CS, Pinkish Purple CS
Ink: None
Punches Used: Martha Stewart - 3 in 1 Hydrangea, Scallop 3 Dot
Accessories:Prisma Colored Pencils, Spectrum Noir Markers, Glitter, Quickie Glue Pen

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge  2W  Spring Fever  (W2 of 2)

Well that is how my card was put together,  
hope I inspired you to use things that we normally throw out. 
 Thanks for stopping by,I will be back soon.



14 comments:

Janette said...

Love your card, the images and design are gorgeous...
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely card Barbara. I love how you used the punch on that image...and your colour colouring is just awesome !!!
Hugs,
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, LPoCF DT Teamie

Shona Erlenborn said...

So unique Barbara! Love your coloring and the popped up elements. Great job!

PaperPlotterLottas-CraftChaos said...

Such a beautiful card... love it.
Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge Anything Goes.
Hugs, Tina – DT
PolkadoodlesChallenge

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

What a GREAT idea in the way you used the leftover pieces! Your card is beautiful!
Jeanie Ellis
www.scrapbookingmamaw.blogspot.com

Verna Angerhofer said...

You are so talented and clever. I just love your pretty design and especially like that you popped up some of the images too!

Lisa Lynn said...

You did a great job with those images. Thanks for joining us at Imagine That Digistamp Creative Playground, Lisa Lynn DT.

Chris said...

Lovely images, great design and colours. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card at Crafty Calendar this month.
Chris
x

Angie said...

Very clever.Great card. Thank you for joining us at Scrapper’s Delights Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry.
Angie DT http://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.com

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, the layout is beautiful, thanks for joining us at Scrappers Delight and good luck with your entry. Wendy DT xx https://scrappers-delights-challenge-blog.blogspot.co.uk/2017/05/blog-challenge-66-and-winners.html

Juls said...

Cute card, thank you for sharing it with us at the Colour Crazy challenge xx

The Little Stamper said...

This is a beautiful card and I particularly love how you have made all the flowers 3 dimensional - a really lovely touch!

Thanks for sharing at Colour Crazy.

Sharon x

Unknown said...

Beautiful. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
Best wishes,
Eithne :)

Donna said...

Oh how fun! Love the texture. What a fun idea to alter the image. Thanks for playing along with our anything goes challenge at Imagine That! Creative Playground.