Tuesday, August 1, 2017

The Liliana Fairy

Hello Bloggers,
Welcome to August 1. Time for a new challenge over at Craft-Dee BowZ. The theme is always the same - Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow. Hope you can join in the fun, you have about a month to get a project designed and submitted. We'd all love to see your creation.

Well,summer is about half over. So since summer will be coming to an end soon, I decided to use a cute fairy image from Cute As A Button. It makes me think of a pond that I used to visit when I was in my early teens. It was close to my house, I would walk down to it. I would see turtle heads bobbing up and down sunning themselves floating so close to the top of the water, I could see the shell of those turtles. Also the dragonflies would fly by and skim the water's surface. I can just envision this fairy floating by as well.

This fairy is named Liliana Fairy and I thought you'd enjoy seeing her. She is from the Cute As A Button collection of digital images. And they are the sponsor at Craft-Dee BowZ this month.  Stop by their shop and check out all their great selection of digi's.




This cutie is sitting in her leaf boat paddling thru the water.

I used colored pencils and gamsol to color the image. Next I added some glitter to give the water some additional interest. And those flower embellishments were the perfect accent to the oval.

The squares are from a Punch Around the Page punch. I punched a straight line of them and then trimmed them into single squares.

My bow, it's made using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool and I used some sheer ribbon, my favorite type. Makes a great bow and shapes really well.



Here is the tools that makes bow making easy for me. 
You can order yours on the left sidebar over at the Craft-Dee BowZ blog. 

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digital - Cute As A Button - Liliana Fairy
Paper/Card Stock
: Teal CS, White CS, DP
Ink: Distress Oxide (on the flowers)
Dies/Punches   Used: Dies- Spellbinders Ovals - Grands/ Punches - Martha Stewart Punch All Over the Page - Country Tile Pattern
Accessories
Ribbon, Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam, Glitter, Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Quickie Glue Pen, Glitter

I am submitting this card in the following challenges:


Hope I have inspired you! Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope to see you soon!


4 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super wonderful card and that is a darling image you used on it.

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Louise DT x

Kathy Barnett said...

Oh my Barbara she is beautiful. And that bow - Awesome! I 💕 Everything about the card.

Gina said...

What a lovely memory this gorgeous card invokes. I love to watch frogs in my pond the same way...just their heads poking above the surface :D *and I'm certain I have fairies n my garden too* Tank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge XXX