Saturday, January 19, 2019

Singing in the Rain

Hey!! How's it going today!!

Welcome back. Today is the start of the latest challenge over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I would like to share my DT project for Challenge #98,

Our sponsor for this challenge is Polkadoodles and I decided to use Ruby Raindrop Umbrella


Isn't Ruby adorable?  As soon as I saw this image it reminded me of the song Singing in the Rain., so that's how I came up with the sentiment.

I die cut an oval in the panel and mounted the rain behind the panel. I found the rain on the internet and printed it out.

My clouds - I have a stencil of a cloud that I use from time to time. I traced it onto card stock and cut it out.and then I cut the cloud in half. It became the perfect size for 2 clouds. I used mounting foam to add them to the card.

I colored Ruby and fussy cut her out, and attached her to the card front

The sentiment is from my computer.

I am submitting my card to the following challenges:

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digi - Polkadoodles - Ruby Raindrop Umbrella
Paper/Card Stock
: Blue CS, White CS
Ink: Memento - Gray Flannel (clouds)
Dies Used:  Spellbinders Ovals sm  
Accessories: D
imensional foam, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, Rain - digital image from internet.

I loved showing you my project and hope it gives you some inspiration. I hope that you will submit your project in our latest challenge.

Thanks for stopping by and I will be back soon.




13 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a brilliant make, Barb. Very clever with the weather in the background and bright Ruby stepping out in the puddle! Great coloring.

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a darling card and yes, indeed, it looks like Singing in the Rain is a good sentiment for that image. Here we instead should sing Sliding in the Snow. LOL

Linda Mc Enery said...

Super design which has given your card so much dimension! Ruby looks fabulous and your clouds are wonderful! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Digi Doodle Studios!
Linda

Maud's Creations said...

Great Design, love the sentiment. And all the little details you added. Thank ypu for joining in on the "Anything Goes " Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge Community

pinky said...

She is just adorable Barbara, love your gorgeous card.

Angie Scrapchild said...

Gorgeous!!
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of
luck with your entry.

Angela DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogs
pot.com.au/


Monica C. said...

I love your card Barbara! The rain behind the oval window is such a brillian idea. I gives the impression without making the background too busy.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Monica DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Le Ann's World 101 Challenge
DT Maria

Alina Florea said...

Very beautiful card! Love the coloring :) Thank you for entering our challenge at Angie's Digital Stamps! Alina DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is wonderful, it says it all in your wonderful little scene. Thank you so much for joining us in our Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge at Morgans Artworld this week. We would love to see you again in our next challenge.

Faith Morgans Artworld DT
Daffodil Cards {My Blog}

Morgans Artworld
morgansartworld.blogspot.co.uk

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

You have done such a beautiful job with this lovely project. Nice work. Love it. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


Anja said...

Oh i think she is cute!
And i want to thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Studios!

Hugs Anja (DT)

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

This is such a sweet card! Thanks for sharing your card at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT