Monday, December 14, 2009

Ornament Making

Well tonight the Altered States of Mind group is getting together for our Christmas party. We were to make a Christmas something, so I made an ornament. I used an Altoids tin and covered the front with metalic tape that I embossed and colored with alcohol inks.


101_1216
I also added a beaded border at the bottom. These beads are attached to ribbon and I just attached with double sided tape the bottom of the tin. These beads started out green but I wanted blue so I first sprayed with Denim Color Wash to see if the color change would work on these plastic beads and it did!!! Next I covered the edges of the tin with blue ribbon and added an extra loop for hanging on the tree.


101_1219
The back of the ornament is just covered with printed paper.


101_1218
Last I added embossed paper to the inside and made 3 labels from my Dymo label maker. I cut metallic strips 3/8 " wide from the metallic tape and used it instead of the Dymo tape. The words say "Snowmen Fall Unassembled". How appropiate. I also added a few snowflakes here & there to complete the look.


Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon


Barbara

No comments: