Saturday, March 13, 2010

Butterflies and Birds

Yesterday I made cards and embellished a bag all without stamping. Here is card with very little stamping. Sometimes you just have to use some of the cool things you've bought that are just sitting there waiting for us to use them.
Tag is from a Sizzix die, butterflies are from the Provo Craft set that has the cutting die and the little 2" embossing folders. I used vellum to do the embossing. The white cs design is made using a Fiskars border punch on both sides of the paper strip. And lastly the flourish stamp is from Great Impressions and the sentiment is Hero Arts.









Last, but not least is a double step card. I used the Sparkle N Sprinkle stamp set 348. From this set I used the western tanager bird. He is the one with a little yellow on him (in the back). And the other bird is a marsh wren (the bird in the front). I stamped and cut out more branches and leaves from the western tanager stamp to fill the background for this card. Lastly I added glitter from Sparkle N Sprinkle (G1003) on the leaves to just add a little shimmer. The sentiment is from this set as well.
Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,

Barbara

3 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

Barb, So good to see you're playing with all your tools! The double step card is amazing.

Thank you for the offer to see your tin types, I will call you soon.

Angie

2amscrapper said...

I love your double step card!

creativearts said...

This is a beautiful card! Love the way you used two birds!