Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Note Cards for a Friend

The other day I was having lunch with my friend Linda and she was looking at some of the cards I have done recently and she saw a card with birdhouses and asked me to make 10 notecards for her to give as a gift. She has a dear friend , Rosemary, whose birthday is approaching and loves birdhouses. So here is the end result, 10 note cards that are similar and ready to be sent to someone.Since Linda's friend Rosemary,likes birdhouses this will be the perfect gift.

I used watercolor paper and stamped the image in black India Ink, my favorite waterproof black ink ( I generally use this ink pad on most all my stamped images). Next I used a combination of Twinkling H2O's and Marvy LePlume markers to color this stamp of the birdhouses. I used Marvy LePlume markers to color the vines, the bird and the flowers. The birdhouse, vines, bird and flowers are stamps from Art Impressions that I have had in my stash for more than a year. I love the look you can get using these stamps. They interact so well. You know, these birdhouses look like condo's don't they?? Really cute. Hope Linda likes these notecards, I will be giving them to her Friday.

Well that is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,

Barbara



1 comment:

Hopemore Studio said...

Barb, I think your card is beautiful, such a nice job on the water coloring. I know your friend will love them.

Angie