Monday, November 22, 2010

LIIU Challenge #6 - Recycle It

This month, the challenge on Let's Ink It Up is "Recycle It". It just so happens I had saw something the other day and had saved it. It is the holiday packaging for the 12 packs of Diet Coke. It is silvery and has a snowflake and swirls on the background, which is the style that I really love. I set it aside on my desk, so, when I read the challenge for Let's Ink It Up, I knew what recycled product I was going to use. So, without further ado, here is my design.
Products that I used:
Stamp: Sparkle N Sprinkle
Glitter: Sparkle N Sprinkle
Coloring: Copic Markers
Ink: India Ink Pad
Red Cardstock:Pop Tones
Snowflake: Spellbinders Die
Punch: Martha Stewart
Silver Background: Coca Cola 12 Pack Packaging







I guess I am a pack rat. (Thanks mom). I see stuff and know it can be used later, this time later became sooner. And I love the packaging for the Diet Coke12 packs for this holiday season. Doesn't it look great on this card. Even the cans are really cool. Check them out the next time you are at the store. Also, the next time you see packaging for some product, really look at it. Chances are, it can be used on a card or some other project. Wait til you see something I will be using, sometime soon, from a fragrance package.

Well thanks for stopping by, see you soon, and leave a comment. I read and appreciate each and every one.
Thanks,

Barbara

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Fabulous creation and great recycling. Thanks for joining us at LIIU, good luck. Suzanne x

Shirl said...

What a great idea I shall be looking out for this packaging and what a beautiful Christmas card you have made with it Barbara. Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x x

Donna said...

Just got caught up on your blog entries, Barbara. What a beautifully diverse bunch of projects and cards! It's always a surprise on your blog - thanks for sharing your artwork.

Dragonlady said...

Great recycling well done. Thanks for playing at LIIU.

Hugs Ali x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

That's the recycling spirit I love and how very creative! Great project, well done! ;) Thank you for joining us at LIIU! x

Claire said...

Wow Barbara, what gorgeous recycling! Beautiful card :-)
thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Awesome recycling!