Sunday, July 31, 2011

Christmas Bells

Hi Everyone,
I know it's been a hot summer and so I decided to make a card to help me think of cooler temps. It really didn't help too much though.

I know there are quite a few people out there who like to get a head start on Christmas cards. So with that in mind, here is a card to give you some inspiration, I hope.



The stamped image in the circle on the belly band is called Bell Circle, stamp # 0199-135k from Sparkle N Sprinkle, and is so pretty. I used Copic Markers to color the image. Also the punch I used is from Just Imagine Kreations and is punch #923. I nestled the Bells in the ornament shape which was cut using Spellbinders die S4-283,it's the   2010 Heirloom Ornament.
















I have used this card shape so many times because I really like it. It is such a versatile card shape.But I have found that adding a belly band just pumps the card up a notch.When I made the belly band for this card, I punched all the way around to give the card a finished look. I also layered the belly band using a silver CS underneath the shimmery blue CS. Here is a pic of the back of the card.












The inside is layered with a silver textured CS and more of the shimmer blue CS. I used a template from Just Imagine Kreations to get the doily effect and used a circle cutter to cut the sentiment out.

I layered these elements and then punched the corners and then attached to the inside of the card.

This card has turned out so cool looking that it will probably be one of the designs I use this Christmas season for my own personal cards.





Card recipe:
Card Shape: Accu-cut Die
Stamps:Sparkle N Sprinkle  verse Magic Wand - 3380-414C,  Bell Circle 0199-135k
Card stock: Silver CS, Silver textured Cs White CS Blue Shimmer CS
Ink: VersaMark
Embossing Powder: Sparkle N Sprinkle - Silver Detail  EP257
Copic Markers used:(Copic Marker sets available thru Sparkle N Sprinkle) G21, B21, R29, Y28, YG67, E43, E51, 0
Spellbinders Die:(available thru Sparkle N Sprinkle)  S4-283  2010 Heirloom Ornament 
Punch and Template - Just Imagine Kreations: Punch #923, Template


Hope you saw something you can use in your cards.

Have a great week and try to stay cool,

3 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful card! So elegant! Every detail is striking, and then the surprise of an equally beautiful inside verse! Wow! Gorgeous card, Barbara.

Karin said...

So beautiful! I love the color and all your details make it a total WOW!

Carole said...

OMGosh... the card is fabulous, luxurious and elegant. Love the belly band and all the details.