Thanks for stopping in today. Let me share a nostalgic trip back in time.Back in the late 50's and in the 60's winters were generally colder for longer periods of time and we had much more snow.When I was a kid, I loved going ice skating on a lake about a mile from my house. On weekends we'd all get together and go skating and build a fire and have a blast. So when I spied the skates die from Tim Holtz/Sizzix, that really brought those memories back home.And of course I had to have those.
Here is the card I made with those memories in mind.
Those skates behind the card are a decorative wooden pair I bought years ago at a craft fair. Couldn't pass them up, they are so nostalgic. BTW, I still have my skates from my teen years and they still fit. Now I am not so sure I could skate today, though. LOL
The bow I made for this card has 3 loops on each side of the knot and after I fuss with it a minute or two, the bow becomes really fluffy. I thought a fluffy bow would be the perfect addition to this card.Using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool makes bow making a snap!!! Whether you make a tiny bow or a large bow, for a card or to use on a gift, the Craft-Dee BowZ tool is your best friend in bow making terms.
Components I used on this card:
Dies -Ice Skates Sizzix/Tim Holtz, Circle Spellbinders, Striped Mittens - Memory Box Precious Mittens
Embroidery Floss - for laces on skates
Stamped Sentiment - Heartfelt Creations - Christmas Sentiment Circles
Paper/Card Stock - Cream Card Stock, White Card Stock, Vellum, DCWV (used under vellum), Silver CS for skate blades
Ink - Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire
Bow Maker - Craft-Dee BowZ tool
I am entering my card in the following challenges:
· Craft It Up & Link It Up Linky Party by Craftin Desert Divas – Party #22 Winter
· Crafty Boots - (Week 1) Anything Goes
· Creative Creations Challenge Blog –Challenge 7- Anything Goes
· Imagination Crafts - (January) Anything Goes
· Kaboodle Doodles –Challenge 205- Let It Snow
· Lexi's Creations – Challenge 107- Anything Goes
· Love to Create - #97 - Blue + Bling (Winter)
· Love to Scrap - #21 - (Week 1) Anything Goes
· Make it Monday - #173 Always Anything Goes
· Make My Monday - Embossing
· My Craft Creations - Always Anything Goes