Tuesday, May 6, 2014

The Best Day Ever

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for stopping by today. This month the design team at Craft-Dee Bow will be using digital images from The Graphics Fairy. You will definitely want to check out all the designers projects this month for their very creative cards and other ideas using images from The Graphics Fairy.They have so many cool images and I hope you check them out soon.

I am very excited to show you The Graphics Fairy digital image that I used for my card today.



This image shows a fairy looking out of the center of a flower. I thought it would look great to have the petals popping off the card.To get that effect, I printed the image 3 times. The first image is the bottom image and is just  flat and cut with an oval Spellbinders die. Next I fussy cut the 2nd image and using my Paper Blossom tool kit, I shaped the petals to have them lifting up. I attached that right on top of the original image, but I left the petals free so they would bend. For the 3rd image I cut away everything except the orange-ish petals, making sure to include the green base of the flower. I used the Blossom tool kit on these petals as well, giving them a bend also. Again I layered these petals over the same area on image #2, attaching just at the base of the flower.. This gives the look of the fairy looking out of a real flower.Let me show you a close up view.


I decided to use some greenery and twigs and I added pearls to look like little buds on the brown twigs and as accents with some rhinestones on the greenery.


My bow - was made using the Craft-Dee BowZ tool. Using a sheer ribbon, I made a triple loop bow and added a lacy butterfly over the center knot. The tool makes bow making so easy. If you have trouble making a bow, this tool is the answer to your prayers.

There is gorgeous lace as a border on the card and the vellum panel is embossed with a Spellbinders Floral folder.

That wide lace piece might be a little hard to see, it extends down under the greenery and its under the sentiment also. I layered another piece if crocheted lace on top of that wide lace piece.

Here is a full shot of my card for my May post for Craft-Dee BowZ. Hope you have a wonderful week. Stop in at the Craft-Dee BowZ blog next Tuesday to see Vicki's beautiful project using another image from The Graphics Fairy.


SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digital Image - The Graphics Fairy -Charming Flower Fairy
Paper/Card Stock
: Yellow CS, Orange CS, Green CS, Brown CS, Vellum
Ink: Distress Ink - Gathered twigs
Dies Used: Spellbinders Ovals sm, Circles sm, Memory Box - Siena Floral, Woodland Branch
Embossing Folder: Spellbinders - Flora
Accessories
Ribbon, Lace,Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam, ab Scraps - Pearls and Rhinestones

I am submitting my project in the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping in today, see you soon!


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

So unique and lovely! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing with us at A Creative Need!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a lovely image - like how you have the petals popped off the page. Amazing bow as always!

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

What a wonderful card! Thank you for entering our "Stack 'Um Up" Challenge at Simply Create Too & hope to see you next challenge too.

Diane
DT Member

Sherri said...

Such a beautiful card! I really love the way you popped the image up to make it look dimensional! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede!

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 27 'anything goes' - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I saw your card at the QKR challenge and had to get a closer look. WOW!
I absolutely love what you've done with this image. Your blog is so inspiring. I have not heard of Graphics Fairy, but I'm headed there now.

Eret said...

Barabara, your card is so gorgeous. This image is stunning in the way you used it. The twigas and lace and your beautiful bow makes your card so wonderful. Love it!
Hugs,
Eret

Unknown said...

great card, so unique!!!! I really love the layout! Thank you so much for joining us in our Anything but Square challenge at Crafty Catz !
Mirella DK
DT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

Shirley said...

Oh my, Barb! You have really done their image justice! Love how you mounted the layers for her. The card is beautiful and TY for the details, which I love! Your bow is bow-dacious!!! I really like the stick pin and the butterfly is wonderful with it!

~ Jo ~ said...

Such a beautiful, unique project! So beautiful indeed! Thank you for joining us at Jo's FFC this week!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Mayras Designs said...

Very lovely card !!! Thank you so much for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack !!! I hope you join us again, and have a wonderful day !!
Hugs,
Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Fabulous and unique design Barbara.

Hugs diane

Unknown said...

Beautiful card thanks for joining us at sister act and good luck
Hugs Tonnie DT

karalschuknecht said...

Beautiful card,and I love the dimension . Thanks for joining us this week for our "Mother's Day Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
Karal QKR Stampede DT

Tina Campbell said...

Wow beautiful detail work :) thanks for sharing your card with us at Jo's Funday Friday

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great Image and I love what you did with it. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Come and Get It Challenges.
Cindy Dt

Kellie 0:) said...

Love what you have done with the image. Love the dimension. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Wonderful card. Great way of using the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Wags 'n Whiskers.
Cindy DT

Dana Tatar said...

Stunning card Barbara! I love all the layers! Your bows look fantastic!