Sunday, June 8, 2014

Noel

Hi Everyone!!
Thanks for stopping in today. I just received a few new stamps and I especially wanted to stamp this particular stamp and design a card.

I live in Kentucky and the state bird is the cardinal and they are the state bird in the following states as well: Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. WOW that's a lot of states that have adopted this bird as their state bird.

OK you probably have guessed I am using a cardinal in my design.



This stamp is from Stampendous, and I just love it. I used a Becca Feeken ornate label die that she used to offer in a kit club. I actually cut it down the center attached 3 halves together and made a swirly edge for my layered oval, on the one side and used a single piece of that die on the other side as an offset.

The cardinals are colored with colored pencils and I used gamsol as my blending agent.

I decided these cardinals reminded me of Christmas so I added the Christmas sentiment. I know we are not quite thru the first half of the year. but you know that Christmas will be here before we know it. LOL


SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Stampendous - Jumbo Cardinals, My Sentiments Exactly - Multi Script (Sentiment)
Paper/Card Stock
: Cream, White, Red, Gold
Ink: Black Dye
Dies Used:Memory Box - Blushing Bouquet , Spellbinders - Large Ovals, Becca Feeken Ornate Label (No longer available)
Accessories
dimensional foam, Inktense Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Spectrum Noir (coloring the blossoms on the die cut) Wink of Stella - Pink (colored the flower centers on die cut)
Outline Stickers

I am submitting this card in the following challenges:

17 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great coloring on the cardinals Barbara! Very pretty card in gold and reds.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful Christmas card - I always love Cardinals! Great to see you playing with us at STAMPlorations. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cardinals are always so pretty and I love to see them on Christmas cards. You did a fantastic job of coloring these beautiful bird images and I love the card you created with them. It is gorgeous!

D said...

Wow, you are so good to be thinking about Christmas!!! I can barely think about next week, I'm so busy these last days before the kids get out of school. Your card is stunning. The birds look like they are going to fly off the page, they are so realistic :)

Leanne said...

So pretty, love these birds. The flowers are a nice touch. I really like the gold with this card, awesome job! Thanks for entering our Christmas Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Leanne DT@4CC

Nonni said...

Very elegant card, I love the festive color palette and those birds! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

Katy said...

This is so pretty! I love the lacey paper layered under the gold oval. Beautiful cardinal too! And who knew so many states had them as their birds! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

Shirley said...

Your cardinal is beautiful and the card is so elegant! I really love your colors and the use of the gold stickers is wonderful!

Rachelle Olaridge said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the cardinals and details. Awesome! Thanks for playing along with us at
Scrap It Girl!

Sam K said...

Love the bright reds, what a beautiful card, shame it has to wait to Christmas to be given to someone xx

Jessica said...

Wow that is a gorgeous card. I love the deep rich color. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl.

Jessica said...

Wow that is a gorgeous card. I love the deep rich color. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap It Girl.

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Beautiful Christmas card, thanks so much for taking part in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at the 'Sister's of Craft' --- Good Luck!!
Hugs Donna DT xx

michelle said...

stunning and so different. thankyou for taking part in the sisters of craft blog challenge. Michelle dt.xx

Candy Spiegel said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card with fabulous colouring. Your little flowers are so pretty. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Use A Stamp or Digi On Your Project Challenge #5 and Good Luck! Del xx

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

I'm a huge fan of cardinals....this card is absolutely lovely! Thanks for joining us over at Scrap It Girl!