Thanks for stopping in today. I just received a few new stamps and I especially wanted to stamp this particular stamp and design a card.
I live in Kentucky and the state bird is the cardinal and they are the state bird in the following states as well: Illinois, Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. WOW that's a lot of states that have adopted this bird as their state bird.
OK you probably have guessed I am using a cardinal in my design.
This stamp is from Stampendous, and I just love it. I used a Becca Feeken ornate label die that she used to offer in a kit club. I actually cut it down the center attached 3 halves together and made a swirly edge for my layered oval, on the one side and used a single piece of that die on the other side as an offset.
The cardinals are colored with colored pencils and I used gamsol as my blending agent.
I decided these cardinals reminded me of Christmas so I added the Christmas sentiment. I know we are not quite thru the first half of the year. but you know that Christmas will be here before we know it. LOL
Stampendous - Jumbo Cardinals, My Sentiments Exactly - Multi Script (Sentiment): Cream, White, Red, Gold
: Black Dye
Dies Used:Memory Box - Blushing Bouquet , Spellbinders - Large Ovals, Becca Feeken Ornate Label (No longer available)
: dimensional foam, Inktense Colored Pencils, Gamsol, Spectrum Noir (coloring the blossoms on the die cut) Wink of Stella - Pink (colored the flower centers on die cut)
I am submitting this card in the following challenges:
- Artistic Stampers - Colour it Red (#4 7-1)
- Cards Galore Encore - #6 Anything Goes (#80 7-1)
- Ladybug Crafts - Something for the boys and/or use your dies (#37 7-1)
- Scrap It Girl - Things With Wings (#14 7-1)
- The Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes (#53 7-1)
- Artbymiran Challenge - No.7 - (W2 of 2) - Anything Goes (#85 6-11)
- Sister Act Card Challenge - No. 60 - Anything Goes (#123 6-12)
- Stampin' For The Weekend - Anything Goes (#105 6-17)
- STAMPlorations Challenge Blog - June - Stamps & Borders (#6 7-1)