Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sideways Step Card

Hi Everyone

I am back with some dimensions for the card that I presented in my last post.I still don't know what it is called, I have looked and looked so I am going to name it the sideways step card. LOL  It reminds me of the center step cards on its side, with some modifications of course.LOL

This is going to be a long post as I took pictures and added labels to aid you in making this cool card.I hope my visuals are not confusing.

This card will fold flat into a 5" x 7" card and should fit right into an envelope. Open, the card stands on its own and should display nicely.

You will need to start off with a 7 1/2" X 7" panel, (I used my MS score tool to make my score lines).
 Dotted lines are your score lines


Both cut lines are cut starting at 1 1/4" in  from the sides and run parallel to the 7 1/2" side.
The cut lines start 1 1/4" from the top and the bottom edges.(Cut lines are highlighted in red for a better visual image)


Now you will want to add the score lines
With the 7 1/2" side across the top of your score tool, start on the left side of the card, score from the top cut line to the bottom cut line.
The next score line will be scored 1 1/4" over from the 1st score line again scoring from the top cut line to the bottom cut line.

Next you will score the smaller lines at the other end of the cut lines.
Score from the top edge to the end of the card to the top cut line on the other end.
The bottom score line will start at the end of the bottom cut line and score down to the edge of the card.


The 2nd small score line will be 1 1/4" left of the 1st small score line. 
Again starting at the top of the card scoring down to the cut line.
The 2nd bottom score line will start 1 1/4" left of the 1st score line and score down to the edge of the card.

All of the cuts and scores are done, now let me show the folds


Now its time to decorate this creative folded card.

The dimensions I've given above will allow the card to fit into a envelope for a 5"X7" card



Here is my finished card. 


Here are a few different views.
 This card will stand on it's own. I love that feature. 
No sentiment on this card. I just wanted to show you how to cut and fold.



SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Great Impressions
Paper/Card Stock
: Aqua shimmer CS, White CS
Ink: Memories Black
AccessoriesSpectrum Noir, Glitter, Glossy Accents, Real Sea Shells, Diamond Mesh
Dimensional Foam, Embossing Folder -Cuttlebug - Forest Branches


I am submitting this card in the following challenges:

Thanks much for stopping in today. I hope you try this unique fold for your next card. It is easy to do and will make a great WOW card. So now it's time for you to try this card!! See you soon,


16 comments:

Unknown said...

This card os just so cool i have never seen this style before
agirlwhocrafts

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous card hun u did a great job and thanks for linking up at Fan-Tastic Tuesday hugs Judith DT x

jonim52 said...

Fabulous card and tutorial. Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Thanks for the template Barbara. Your card is fabulous! Definitely will be giving this a try.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful card. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a beauty...great card design too!

Shanna Shands said...

Creative card. Thank you so much for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Beautiful creation and tutorial. I love shells!
Thanks for entering the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge "use stamp or digi".
Ileanaxx

maria f. said...

Such a unique card - it's more like a present! Thanks for hooking this beauty up at STAMPlorations.

Creations by Shirl said...

Cute mermaid scene card, thanks for the tutorial and joining Creative Corner Challenge~

Cara said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing the how too's and Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door.
Please join us again! (Hugs) Cara

Shirley said...

OMGosh, Barbara. I am going to try this on my very next card. I love the fold and your Mermaid with sea life is perfect for it. Love the shells too!!!

Unknown said...

WOW, Barbara, what an outstanding card, and I love your Side-step step card, thanks for sharing the dimensions..thank you for sharing with us at Imagination Crafts, best of luck xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card wonderful shape. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments with anything goes challenge Hugs Tania (DT)xx

Eret said...

Barabar, this card is awesome! I love how you decorated this fun fold card. I've never seen this types of cards. It's super!
Hugs,
Eret

rachel said...

a lovely card - great colours and pretty shells! a great tutorial too Thanks for joining us at Imagination crafts this month! Hugs rachel x