Thursday, July 24, 2014

Merry Christmas to All

Hello Everyone,
I know, I have been missing in action for a while and I am so sorry. I have been really busy and the time just slipped away.

Let me show you a card  I just made using a new die from Memory Box. It's not a fancy card because
I decided to just emboss the image into the card stock instead of cutting it out.
This is a kind of a prototype card. Just seeing how this would turn out if I did it this way, vs. cutting the image out and using the die cut..




I applied white ink to the red card stock to make it appear to be like a blackboard, or should I say a redboard. Next using a glue pen I traced the words and the flourishes and covered that with silver glitter.
I added a white snowflake to the panel about half way down and there are 2 holly leaves towards the bottom. I  used Wink of Luna, green to color those leaves in.

To finish, I matted the red panel with a silver paper and mounted that on a yellow card stock.

I used a red pleated organdy ribbon and attached it with a single white snowflake brad to hold the ribbon in place.

SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Paper/Card Stock: Yellow Card Stock Red Card Stock, Silver Paper
Ink: White Pigment Ink
Dies Used: Memory Box - Merry Christmas To All  
AccessoriesRibbon, Glue Pen, Silver Glitter, White Snowflake brads,

I am submitting my card to the following challenges:


Have a great week and I will back in a few days, I promise.



8 comments:

Judy McKay said...

Pretty Christmas card with all that sparkle. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Judy DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is gorgeous!

Sandra said...

Great card Barbara, it looks very festive.
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
Hugs,Sandra

Shirley said...

Beautiful right down to the gorgeous bow and that cute snowflake too!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us this week at CCCB :-)

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely card ... Very elegant! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Thanks for playing along with our Christmas in July Challenge this week at City Crafter Challenge Blog. I hope we see you again soon.