I thought I'd pop in and share a new card with you. This month at Craft-Dee BowZ the sponsor is Bugaboo. I saw this teacup with the flowers in it and had to have it!!! (Teacup Flowers 2)
The teacup image was a Friday freebie at Bugaboo back in November and I thought it was adorable
I got an idea for this card based on a card I saw a while back.
It was a stack of teacups with flowers in the top cup.
Here is how I achieved this look:
- I printed out a teacup with the flowers.
- for the other 3 teacups, I cut away the flowers and reversed the image and cut those out as well.
- Next, I stacked the empty cups and added the teacup with flowers to the top spot.
- Colored the flowers with Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers and attached them to an oval shape cut from a die.
- Used some pumpkin colored paper with white dots as the background.
- I added a fluffy bow and a die cut hello and the card was finished.
Here is a closer view of my bow on the card.
I used sheer ribbon. IMHO it's the best ribbon to use to make a bow.
I used my Craft-Dee DowZ tool to make this bow and it's a triple loop bow.
This tool is small, portable, easy to store, easy to transport, easy to use. Are you more of a visual learner?? Me too. There are videos on YouTube that will walk you through the steps to make bows.
You can order one on the Craft-Dee BowZ blog here.
(Look on the left sidebar to place your order)
I am submitting my card to the following challenges:
I hope you’ve enjoyed my project.
Hope you will link a project to the Craft-Dee BowZ monthly challenge.
Don’t forget, the theme every month is always Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow.
Also, on each Tuesday of the month,
a different designer will post over on the Craft-Dee BowZ blog to inspire you!
Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back soon.