Saturday, May 19, 2018

Just For You

Hello Everyone!!!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far.

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends has a new challenge that just started and it will be going on for 2 weeks. I hope that you will join in the fun and submit a project. The theme is always Anything Goes.


The sponsor for this challenge is Polkadoodles

 The prize is: £6.75 voucher

Let me share my project with you:

I used the darling image
Big Bunch


Isn't she cute???

While I was coloring her, I decided she would look great on a twisted easel fold card. Since she was holding a bunch of roses, I also decided to make some of my own roses
 for the accent you see on the card front.
More about those roses in a minute.


Here is the card opened up.

I added a tag with a sentiment and decided to add some roses on the tag and the string
 as additional little accents.

OK, let's talk roses.
These flowers are so easy to make from scratch. I love dies, 
and I have a lot, but these are so fast to make and you do not even need a die.

I start out with a circle of paper. I used handmade paper for these but you can use text paper or lightweight card stock. I just cut a circle, no die but if you want, you can use a die or a punch.



Next, I cut a spiral starting from the outside edge going into the middle. I penciled that spiral in so you could see what it looks like. Usually, I just cut, without any pencil line.


The center has a roundish area left so the rolled rose has a base to sit on.                            


    Next, you will need a quilling tool to roll up the paper. 



Place the outside strip edge in the slit in the quilling tool tip. Make sure to position the tool on top of the circle just like you see above.


 You will need to twist the tool so the paper is wrapped around the tip of the tool. 
Make sure to twist counter clockwise.
Wrap til you get to that round base in the center.
Gently pull the quilling tool off. 



Place a little glob of glue on that base and place the rolled paper onto that glue. The rolled piece (the rose) should be sitting up.



Let the glue set up and you have a rose.
Easy peasy.

The great thing about making these by hand, 
without a die, is that you can make the rose small. 
These roses are about 1/2" and they are perfect
for a small area on your project.
 Here is a closer view of the roses on the card.



Hope you give rose making a try. 
They are fun to make and add that special something to your project.


SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps: Digital - Polkadoodles- Big Bunch, (Sentiment) Hero Arts - (old stamp from a set)
Paper/Card Stock
: White CS, Lilac CS, Green CS, DP, Yellow Handmade paper
Ink: India Ink - Black
Dies Used: Spellbinders Circle
Accessories
Tag, dimensional foam, Bakers Twine, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers - Various colors, Quilling Tool, MS Punch  Branch 2,

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you like my card. I will be back soon with more cards/projects to inspire you.


11 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wow! These little roses are so pretty, Barbara. Thanks for sharing the how too! The little girl is adorable too and I love the twisted easel fold. Really special card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a cute and adorable little girl and I love how you colored it. Those roses are awesome too! Making it an easel card was a cool design too.

Deanne Saunders said...

Lovely!!! Those flowers are adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PATTIE’S CREATIONS challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

Joy Wilson said...

I love the delicate rosrd

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Gorgeous image and beautifully designed project. Your little flowers you created are gorgeous. Nice work.
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

Heather said...

This is so adorable and beautiful!! Such a sweet image and those roses are fabulous!!! Love the tiny size! Thanks for playing with Jo's Scrap Shack.

aprettypinkpeony said...

This is really adorable! Great choice with your image. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles Good luck with your entry! ~Pam-DT

Tink said...

Great card! Thank you for joining the challenge at Patties Creations!
Ellen DT.

crafty said...

A lovely twisted easel card. Thanks for joining in the QKR Stampede challenge this week.
Mary

sweetpea said...

Very Pretty. Thanks for sharing it with us at Colour Crazy Challenge janet Dt

Denise Goeldner said...

Beautiful card Barbara and love the tutorial. Well done xx
Denise (Owner of LPOCF)