Tuesday, October 2, 2018

A Fall Birthday Card

Hi there! How's your week going so far? 
                 Well the months are going by fast, aren't they??? We just rolled into October. You know what that means.......Christmas will be here in no time flat. I have already started my Christmas shopping. (Uh oh, you haven't....... I'm sorry I brought it up.) OK, let's talk cards and challenges.

Hey, did you know, not only does Craft-Dee BowZ host a challenge, but they also post weekly inspiration projects each Tuesday?
Hope you will stop over at Craft-Dee BowZ and check out their Tuesday inspiration posts. 



Since it's the 1st Tuesday of the month, it's my turn to share an inspiration project. 
The Craft-Dee BowZ challenge has already started and will be running until October 30

. I'm still working on Christmas cards, (for a show in Cincinnati in November.) but  I decided to take a break from Christmas and work on a fall birthday card. 

Let me share my inspiration piece 
and I hope it gives you some ideas to design a card or two with the fall theme in mind.




I love the design of this card.
 Very simple and those leaves were perfect for the top area of the card. 

I bet you are wondering where my usual big bow is. Yes, I usually add a fluffy bigger bow, however, I thought that type of bow would overtake the leaves and their stems 
I am using on this card. 
So I opted for a triple loop Bakers Twine bow.

Here is a closer shot of that bow. 

A Bakers Twine bow is the perfect size for this card.
Of course, the Craft-Dee BowZ tool is the perfect bow making tool, 
 whether you are using bakers twine bow or ribbon for your bow.


Just a reminder- The sponsor for the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month is Bugaboo
The prize will be  4 digital images



Don't forget -  the challenge theme is always 
Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow


SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Paper/Card Stock: Burgandy CS, Creamy Yellow CS, DP
Ink: Momento - Lady Bug, Peanut Brittle, Bamboo Leaves
AccessoriesBakers Twine, Craft-Dee BowZ tool, dimensional foam, Mini Words Peel off's,  Dots peel offs.Spellbinders Leaf Die (REALLY OLD). MS small leaf punch

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:


I hope you will enter a project in the  Craft-Dee BowZ challenge.
 The challenge closes on October 30.  

I'd love to see what you've been working on. 
Your creative project could be our next monthly winner

Thanks for visiting my blog today, and I'll be back soon,
 sharing another fun and creative project. 




17 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful and I like the unique layout. Wonderful Fall colors. The leaves are gorgeous too.

Dawn Phillips said...

Such a beautiful Card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Tiphanie B. said...

Your card is so creative, I love the design ! Thanks for playing with us at Crafteezee challenge

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

Lucille K said...

Autumn jumps from this card and the leaves you made are gorgeous. :)

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Lovely technique with the interlocking frames which you have made up into a gorgeous card. Nice work here. Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


EmmaT said...

Gorgeous creation, love the layout. Thank you for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Emma

Sue - said...

A really lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz.

Rose Andrew said...

Gorgeous card ... love the design .
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge#40
Good Luck .
Rose DT

Beatriz said...

Great autumnal card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. Beatriz DT

GalFridayStamping said...

Very creative. Love the leaves. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Jane DT for  http://
classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...


NanaConnie said...

This is absolutely stunning, Barbara! I love the leaves and the twine. Now, putting an a DT hat - I'm so tickled to see you joining our challenge at World Wide Open DT this month. Good Luck.
NanaConnie DT

Irene said...

I love autumn and I love your card!
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Irene DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Arlene said...

So warm and I feel Autumn in the card. Wonderful fresh design. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Catie Cuddles said...

Love the layout of this.
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.
Happy crafting!
Catherine x DT

Judy Markowitz said...

What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.

Judy TTCRD DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

Julie Gleeson said...

This is such a beautiful fall card! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Julie DT for  http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/