Friday, March 1, 2019

Strawberry Jam

Welcome to March!!

Spring is coming!! I will be glad to see the spring season. I am so done with Winter!! aren't you!!

It's time for the beginning of a new challenge over at Craft-Dee BowZ. The challenge runs all month and the theme is always - Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow

Cute As A Button is the sponsor over at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. The winner of the March challenge will receive 2 digital images of their choice from CAAB.


I thought the Strawberry Jam image was so cute, I just had to use it.

Let me share the card with you


I tried to make the jam jar look like it had been opened and half used, so I used some blue on the jar to look like glass. It looks  I had this card done and I decided it needed some pink behind that scalloped oval. So I lifted and pried the scalloped oval up and slid the Decorative Oval behind it to finish off the look. Seems like I often will make a card, get it finished, (or so I thought) and then I decide it needs something else, so I gently pull areas of it apart and redo/add things

My bow - it's a triple loop bow using my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. It kind of looks like a flower, doesn't it!! I used white Hug Snug seam binding and to color the ribbon I took my Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink pad and ran it over the Hug Snug and it gave me the color I wanted and needed.I topped that bow off with one of the flowers I made.

Those little flowers - they are from Heartfelt Creations - Flowering Dogwood.. These are stamped on vellum using Picked Raspberry and I added glitter to add some pizzazz.

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digital: Cute As A Button - Strawberry Jam, Rubber: Heartfelt Creations - Flowering Dogwood
Paper/Card Stock
: Lite Pink CS, Raspberry CS, Vellum, White CS
Ink: Ranger - Tim Holtz Distress Oxide - Picked Raspberry
Dies Used:  Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals, Heartfelt Creations - Decorative Oval, Flowering Dogwood dies 
Accessories: Hug Snug 
Ribbon,  Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, Glitter, Art Glitter Glue, Quickie Glue Pen

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping in today. Hope you enjoyed my creation and hope you will stop back soon.


8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

How sweet! Love you little girl with her strawberry jam! Pretty flowers and bow - that does look like a flower!! Lovely creation, Barb!

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a darling image and your card is so very beautiful with all the dies and layers.

Arlene said...

You've colored the image delightfully. So very cute. So glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge.
Arlene DT for
http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

Maud's Creations said...

Barbara, this is so so cute, love the design with outs bright colours, Thanks gor joining in on the Anything goes Challenge at the Happy Craft Challenge

Patty Sue 2 said...

Thank you for joining the fun at the Cute As A Button Challenge blog. I love your beautiful coloring and cute design....great job! Please join us again!

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation Barbara, lovely coloring and design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute As A Button. We hope to see you again.
~ DT Sherry x

Loose Stitches said...

Fabulous creation Barbara! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge. Love to see you join in each month.
Sherry DT/Admin/Coordinator

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful creation Barbara, love the design! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Sherry DT/Admin for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/