Friday, September 13, 2019

Joy

Welcome to Friday

The best day of the week for most workers. 
I want to share  a card that I made for my stamp club. It's what we call the challenge. It can be a card or whatever but we must use the challenge piece we were given at the prior meeting.


OK so in August we were given a small (1 5/8" round) embroidery hoop. I looked at that thing for a few minutes and then I knew what my card would look like.

I made a 5"X7" card Used DP as the layer piece on the front of the red card stock and started there.

I then cut a fir branch and glued that on the card front. 
Next I cut 2 silver ornament  shapes a attached those onto the branch.  
After that, I used that embroidery hoop to make a larger ornament. 
I punched a kraft paper circle and glued that on the back of the hoop. I have some letter stickers and use them to spell the word "JOY" and put the word in the center of the hoop. I also used 2 punched sprigs to attach on the front edge of the hoop. Added some red beads and used some gold thread and attached it to the branch. 


I must apologize the photo for the photo of the card. I was in a hurry and I didn't get the left edge of the card on the pic.



Anyway, this is my card using the embroidery hoop. 
The hoop became an ornament.

Hope you like the outcome of the card and again so sorry for my picture. Next month I promise I will do better

Thanks for stopping in and hope to see you soon.


3 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Great idea to use the hoop as a bauble, Barb. This came out great!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a gorgeous card design and I love the hoop ornament.

Tre Rockenbach said...

Very nice, Barb!