Sunday, January 1, 2023

Birthstone Challenge - January & February 2023

Hello and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Can you believe we are in 2023.... HOLY COW!!!

Have you heard!!??!! There is a new challenge out in blogland starting today. It's  Birthstone Challenges-  and I am on the design team. And I think you will love this challenge!!

Here is the breakdown - Challenge starts on the 1st every other month. Jan. March, May, July, Sept. Nov. and will end on the 15th of the following month. So the challenge lasts a month and a half.

Birthstones for the 1st challenge are Garnet and/or Amethyst. 

Now since my birthday is in February I am using the Amethyst color but I have also made another card using the Garnet color, the January birthstone. 

Since January is the first month let me share that card first. I made my card using a garnet colored card stock as the focal point


I decided to carry over the red color into the image. And what better image to use than a cardinal. I used some outline sticker borders to just add additional interest to the garnet colored strips

OK

Lets move on to the February birthstone color - Amethyst (my birthstone)/Purple

For the background paper on this card I used a pretty DP that has swirls of color mainly purple on it.  Kind reminds me of a marbled look and to add some additional interest I randomly added some gold embossing powder. 


I stamped a pretty flower on vellum and used white embossing powder. I fussy cut the flowers and glued them to the card. Next I stamped that same flower onto purple CS and used white embossing 
powder. I fussy cut that flower out as well and popped it up between the center of the two vellum flowers. I used gold glitter on the flower center.


SUPPLIES I USED ON MY GARNET PROJECT

StampsRubber stamp - Divinity Designs- Cardinal ; Sentiment - Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz - Crazy Talk
Paper/Card StockWhite CS, Red/Garnet CS
Ink: VersaFine Clair - Morning Mist
Dies UsedDivinity Designs- Cardinal
Accessories: Spectrum Noir alcohol Markers; Outline Stickers - Borders; Staedler Triplus Fineliner Various colors


SUPPLIES I USED ON MY AMETHYST PROJECT

StampsClear stamp -Dare2BArtzy - Let It Go (flower), Doodle Flowers (Sentiment)
Paper/Card Stock
White CS; Purple/Amethyst CS; Rainbow Paper Pad; Vellum

Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Embossing Powder - White, Gold; Glitter - Gold


I am submitting my cards in the following challenges:
Well that is it for now. Hope you enjoyed my cards using the 2 birthstone colors. I hope you will enter this new challenge over at Birthstone Challenges. We'd love to see your projects over on the new challenge blog. 

See you soon,

5 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Both fabulous cards,love the flowers and how you used the colours
Carol x

Tangii said...

Both are so pretty! I love the "woven" details on your Garnet card and the flowers on the Amethyst are beautiful!

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! These both are so beautiful!

Hansi Brittain said...

Two beautiful cards in very different styles! I love your coloring on the cardinal. He looks three dimensional as though he was cast from a mold. I love how you added the gold to the background paper on your amethyst card to make it your own. Using colored cardstock for one flower and vellum for the other two adds interest. Lovely cards for inspiration.

Kim said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. I really like the texture of the amethyst one. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.