Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tim Holtz Inspired

109_05211_2Have you checked out Tim Holtz's website or his blog?? I go out there often and back in January he gave away a really cool alphabet display.Tim's was 9-4x4 canvases that were butted up to each other to form a square. Each of the canvases contained 3 letters of the alphabet and the last square only had 2 letters. Well I loved it so much, I really felt it was calling my name so I decided that I would make a similar display and each of the squares will probably be 12X12. My goal is to have a complete wall hanging for my family room.


I decided to do a prototype so off I went ,I purchased a smaller canvas just to see how this would work for me. So, here is the finished canvas and I think this is going to work really nice. My art piece will consist of 9- 12X12 canvases that will contain the complete alphabet with a smattering of cool things to add interest to the total piece. As I work on each of the individual canvases I will add to the blog. I am anxious to get started but my canvas supplier has the canvases I want to use on back order. This will give me time to develop the design for each square and gather all the different items. I will keep you posted as this project evolves.


Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.  ~Henry Ward Beecher




No comments: