Thursday, August 1, 2013

Craft Dee BowZ Challenge for August

Hey everyone!!!
Do you believe it, August 1. Holy smokes!!! I am afraid that one day I will go to sleep and miss out on a whole year or something. I guess the old saying holds true, "time flies when you are having fun". O, duh.... that's what is causing the time to fly..........I'm having too much fun. LOL

Well since it's the first of the month, you know what that means, time to check out challenges and announce winners etc.

Over at the Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge this month, the theme is Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow. ahhh my favorite theme!!! Let me share with you the card and bow I made for you. And oh, there is a back story to the ribbon I used.    LOL


The DP I used on this card is from DCWV, Collage Art Stack, and I LOVE this CS/DP. I just might have to buy another stack.Do you ever buy paper 'cause you like to look at it????? This is that kind of paper, to me.

That verse and frame on the card is from a a new Sizzix set that has stamps and dies packaged together. Its Graphic 45 Stamp & Die Cut. (Sizzix 659045) Love that you can stamp a frame from the set and then use a die to cut it out.Comes with 4 dies and 4 stamps. 

OK see that ribbon, here is the story. Well I went to Tuesday Morning the other day and there were washcloths that were bundled together for sale. And they were neatly tied with this pretty cloth ribbon.So I bought a bundle and brought them home and I saved the ribbon when I opened the bundle.Wasn't sure when I would use it. A few days have passed. I am working on this card, deciding what papers I wanted to use for this design, and I started to look for a ribbon that would go with the colors in the CS and there was that ribbon, sitting on my table, the ribbon from the washcloth stack. And it matches. It was just meant to be. LOL
So there you have the story of that ribbon. LOL

The Craft-Dee BowZ tool is the tool I used to make this bow and all my bows
. Have you picked one up yet??

BTW, Craft-Dee BowZ will be in northern Cincinnati, Ohio at the Stampaway convention, so, stop in her booth and say "Hi" Donna would love to meet you.( I will be there in her booth too, off and on.) Convention will be Friday nite August 9 and all day Saturday Aug. 10 at the Sharonville Convention Center.
Lots of fun and 40+ stamping/scrapbooking vendors.

The Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge has started for August. Please take a moment, click here and check it out. Submit a card!! You never know, you might be the next winner of a Craft-Dee BowZ tool. 
It makes bow making a breeze !!!

See you soon, and thanks for stopping in today!!!
HUGS,


4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What an awesome bow, Barbara! I do the same thing - sometimes buying a pack of something that I don't really need when it is packaged with a pretty bow. Actually I pulled apart a wedding invitation yesterday, that had a lovely bow on it. Maybe I need to use that up today! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anne Temple said...

Beautiful card and bow. Love the sentiment and the added pearls are so elegant.

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely card, Barbara, and beautiful bow! The texture in the ribbon looks amazing! Loved your cute story of how the ribbon arrived to your craft room. I like your new blog colors, too! Heading over to CDB.... hugs, de

NanaConnie said...

Barbara, Love the bow, love the papers, love the sentiment, love the ribbon, and LOVE your story about it! Isn't it just thrilling when happy, unplanned, "accidents" like that happen? :-D