Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Tulips Just for You

Hello everyone,
The monthly stamp club met last night 
and I have a cool card to show you.

The Stamp Club Theme Card for June was 
to use Stripes and Dots

I have a 6X6 paper pad stack that is gold foil - its such a pretty stack
Since the theme was strips and dots, some of the papers in the stack fit that bill 

Here is a pic of the card.

I took this shot at an odd angle to be able to show off
 the beautiful gold foiling on the paper.

I love using foiling it really makes a beautiful presentation,
 however , its hard to photograph.

To give the layered foiled papers a somewhat different look, 
I cut the dotted CS into 2X6" borders and 
attached them to the card front across the top and the bottom.
 I measured/marked the stripped CS down 1" from the top 
and up from the bottom corners  on the left side. 
On the right side I measured down 1 3/4" from the top and up from the bottom corners.
Then I trimmed away the stripped CS from the mark on the top left to the mark
 to the mark on the top right and did the same
 from the mark on the bottom left to the mark on the bottom right. 
I then attached this stripped piece over the card front. 
I love the different angles this created


I also have a digital image that I was itching to use and color. 
These tulips are so elegant looking. I felt they would look
 great gracing the card front over top of the foiling. 

I fussy cut the tulips and added a circle of dotted paper under the image. 
The colors of the dots complimented the colors of the tulips. 
I wanted to add just a little more interest to the card front under the tulips.

The club meeting was nice and it was great to catch up with everyone
 since the last months meeting.

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digi Image - Poppy Power - Tulips
Dies - Spellbinders Circles
Paper/Card Stock
: DCWV - Gold Foil Mat Stack. DP
Accessories: Alcohol Markers

I have a cool challenge card that I made for the club challenge card.
 and I will share that with you all in a few days.

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping in today. Hope you enjoyed my fun card. 
I will be back soon, with another card 


4 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love your dots and stripes rendition!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Really gorgeous and so elegant looking with the gold stripes and dots. The tulip flowers are fabulous as well and in wonderful colors.

Dawn Phillips said...

Beautiful. I love the pink against the gold and white. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Furrbster said...

Such a lovely card with those gold accents!

Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Moments,

Hugz Tinz