Tuesday, February 11, 2020

February Stamp Club - Theme Card. - Shaped Card

Hello everyone

Well we are almost half thru with February. Spring is not far away. (Can you tell - I'm not a fan of cold weather - LOL)

We just had our February stamp club meeting and the theme card is a shaped card. Now, IMHO that means not a rectangle or square card.

A little back story on my card -Many years ago I bought a plain (bigger) chipboard puzzle piece and decorated it. However I never gave it away. Glad I didn't, because, I traced that puzzle shape onto white CS  and made a new creation. The puzzle piece is roughly 6 3/4" square including those 2 pieces that stick out on the two sides, but it really doesn't look that large.

Here is my card I made for stamp club



(I loved the way this turned out so much, I made another but used a cute digital image and I used it for a friends birthday card and she loved  it.)

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps: Rubber Stamps - Art Gone Wild - Catherine Scanlon - Words of Wisdom 2; Heartfelt Creations - Calla Lily (Leaf)
Paper/Card Stock
: DP, White CS
Ink: Ranger Tim Holtz -Distress Ink; Tsukineko VersaFine Clair - Nocturne
Dies UsedHeartfelt Creations - Calla Lily (Leaf)
Accessories: Distress inks; Spectrum Noir - Alcohol Inks;
 dimensional foam; Heartfelt Creations - Calla Lily (Leaf) Shaping Mold; Flat Backed Pearls

I am submitting my card to the following challenges:


Well, I hope my card will inspire you to think outside of the box. 
You never know what odd pieces/shapes will  come your way 
and could wind up making a great card.
Thanks for stopping by
I will be back soon

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Clever design and beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
Darlene
ARTSYSTAMPER CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic puzzle piece shaped card. I love all the wonderful elements you added to it too.

Carole J said...

A fabulous ,shaped card, Barbara! Thank you for joining the Hearts and Flowers challenge at the Artsystamper Challenge Blog!
Carole DT x

Jane said...

What a brilliant idea for a shaped card. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Kuni said...

This is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Terri Winske said...

This is definitely a shaped card, and it is gorgeous! The puzzle piece was a fantastic idea! Thank you so much for the inspiration and for sharing this with our challenge at PIP Challenges!

Dorlene Durham said...

What a clever idea. I love that you used the original piece to copy for other cards. Love it! Thanks for joining the challenge at Love To Craft Challenge Blog. Dorlene DT LTCCB

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

What a great card with a beautiful stamp.
Thank you for participating in our challenge.
Good luck and see you next time.
Hugs Bianca.
DT Sweet Stampers challenge.

Tania said...

Thank you for sharing with us at "A Perfect Time To Craft", best of luck with your
entry, Tania DT Member

Irena Stefanova said...

This is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's February Anything Goes challenge! We hope you visit us often!
Hugs,
Irena, LTCCB DT

Wei said...

Such a fun design. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Birthday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.