Thursday, March 12, 2020

March Stamp Club - The Challenge Card

Hi there,
Glad you stopped in today
Tuesday nite was the monthly stamp club meeting
We make 2 cards each month - a theme card and a challenge card.
Yesterday I shared my Theme Card. Click here if you missed it.

Today I want to share my challenge card.
Each month we are given something to use on our challenge card and the finished project is due to be presented at the next meeting. At the February meeting we were given a sheet of poster stickers to use on our card/project for the March meeting.


There are 3 strips on this sheet and they are about 16" long and 2" wide.
The strips are precut, wavy on one side and straight on the other side. 

I used the strip kind of like Washi tape.
But I applied the sticker to card stock to make it easier to work with for this project.
I trimmed away the card stock on the the wavy side to match the sticker.
Since the stickers were too wide for my project, I trimmed on the straight side so the sticker would be abou 1" wide and  4 3/4" long. 
I used 2 strips, added a few other items and here is the finished card.




I added texture using embossing folders and a die cut for additional interest. 
Next the sentiment was the finishing piece.


SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Paper/Card Stock: White CS, Pink CS
Dies Used: Sizzix - Tim Holtz thinlits-  friend set; Memory Box- Lavish Branch (old)
AccessoriesPeel and Stick Poster Stickers (from Dollar Tree), Alcohol Markers (to color branch), Embossing folders, Art Institute Glitter Glue (My fav)


I love the stamp club challenge each month
it makes me think outside the box.

I am submitting my card to the following challenges:

All Fun Challenges  - #3 - Anything Goes (#7)
Dare 2B Artzy Challenges -  (March) Anything Goes (#33)
Crafty Sentiment Designs - Add Flowers (#18)
Lemon Shortbread  #115 - Always Anything Goes  (#16)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper  March - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper (#192)
Creative Craft Cottage Digi Creations  #112 - Embossing of any kind (#14)
Daisy Chain Challenges  #39 - Use Dies (#28)
Die Cut Divas  March - Anything Goes (#77)
Happy Little Stampers Dies  March - Always Anything Goes with Dies (#19)


Hope you liked my card.
Next time you go in to a Dollar store, 
look at some of the stuff  they sell, in a whole different light. 
You probably can use it on your cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by

I will be back soon

7 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Great use of the washi tape and wow what lovely texture you created. Thanks for playing along our March challenge at Die Cut Divas.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Great use of the stickers. I love the wavy design too. And, fantastic colors.

Shona Erlenborn said...

You made a fun and bright design with those stickers Barb! Fabulous ideas!

Arlene said...

I love the embossing folder - great background and great use of the stickers. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge for March.

Billie A said...

Very pretty card. I love how you created the dot design and loving the colors and embossing. The flowers are so dainty and pretty. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

What a lovely card. It’ perfect. Thanks for entering your card at All Fun Challenge
Prachtige kaart. Zeer geslaagd. Leuk dat je meedoet met onze challenge bij All Fun challenge.
Hugs
Claudia
DT All Fun Challenge
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be
http://allfunchallenges.blogspot.com/

Deanne Saunders said...

Lovely card!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! So sorry this is late, but with everything going on, I’m just getting around to doing this. Please stay safe during this time.
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper