WOW, Welcome to September. Sunflowers remind me of the fall season. So I am back with a post for the Love To Scrap Challenge with a sunflower card. Hope you might check out the other designers projects, its a great place for some creative inspiration.
The project I made for Love to Scrap, comes from my fascination with paper napkins. Yep, paper napkins. I have friends that get those decorative napkins (some are like decorative paper towels) and have them in their guest bath to use to dry your hands off with. Well the napkin I used for my project really called out to me when I was at a friends house. And this napkin, when unfolded, had 6 images. (It was a pretty large napkin - it was 12 1/2" X 15 1/2") So I took one and cut it up which gave me 6 duplicate images and I was ready to make my 6 cards.
Here is the end result
Napkins can make the most beautiful cards.
Have you ever used a napkin on a card?? No?? well it is pretty easy (IMHO). Let me share with you how I do it.
Here is the napkin opened up before I trimmed it.
- Trim the napkin into the design you want to use on your card. Usually I cut the napkin on the folds.
2. Next, remove the layers, this napkin had 3 layers.
The 2 layers under the image - throw away as you will not use them
3. Cut a piece of white cardstock a little larger than the napkin piece you will be using.
Using white CS will allow the image colors to pop
4. Use a glue stick, cover the whole piece of card stock with the adhesive.
(Don't use liquid glue)
5. Gently lay the napkin onto the glued up card stock. I usually pat it, to try to make a smooth surface.
6. Smoothing the napkin - I use a business card to very lightly run the card over the napkin.
Try to remove any spots that are not smoothed out. I generally will pat those spots.
Now set aside to dry. Generally I do this in the evening and let this part of the project, dry overnite.
7. After the project is dry I then trim away the excess card stock and attach it to a card front.
I add glitter and add a sentiment and the card front is done.
On my project in the picture above, you will notice that I trimmed away the white background on the top part of the above image. I then added a gold piece of card stock to give some added interest to the card.
Here is another version but I left that white area on the top.
Hope you liked this card and hope you try your hand at using paper napkins in your card making repertoire.
SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps: Clear stamp (sentiment) - Inkadinkado - Thoughts for the Day (OLD)
Paper/Card Stock: White CS, Blue CS, Gold CS
Ink:VersaFine CLAIR - Morning Mist; Memento - Bamboo Leaves
Accessories: Decorative napkin; Glitter; Glue Stick; Outline Stickers for the side borders
I am submitting my card in the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping in today
I will be back soon