Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Love To Scrap Challenge - March & April

Hi there!!! Thanks for stopping in today.

The Love to Scrap Challenge has started and will continue til April 12. So you have about a month and a half to join in and submit your project!!

I have an oldie but goodie technique to share with you today using some of my scraps. Since I have boatloads of scrap paper, I decided to dust off this technique called Iris Folding. This technique uses paper (NOT CARD STOCK) I used 4 different paper designs. I used 12 " long paper and cut it 1" wide. You can use shorter strips but you will need more strips of the designs. You fold the strips down the center on the long side.You lay down the strips over the pattern and tape them down and in about 5 minutes your design is done. Easy to do and is goes pretty quick. I chose to use a very simple circle pattern, but there are many designs out there and books are still available with many cute designs as well. This technique was popular in the early 2000's


I used an embossing folder to add a design to the white CS and added a circle frame to accent the Iris Fold design itself. The peel off corner stickers and the sentiment finish this card off and it's ready to mail.

Don't forget, this challenge runs til April 12 .You can check out the other designers cards, read the guidelines and enter your project here. I'd love to see  your entry.

Hope you enjoyed this oldie but goodie called Iris Folding
Thanks for stopping in and I hope to see you soon

2 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Pretty colors and I love the Iris Fold design!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully done with the pretty iris folding!