Tuesday, November 21, 2017

A Hat and Some Snowflakes

Hi Everyone
Generally I do not post personal stuff here on my blog. However, even though this is of a personal nature, it is also on the crafty side of the house as well. LOL

Monday I attended a fund raising event that that is held annually for a hospital in my area. The proceeds aid breast cancer. The event always has various vendors selling jewelry, hair accessories, scarves, gloves, home decor for Christmas, make-up and so many other things. Besides vendors selling great items, there is a silent auction, a luncheon with yummy food, a fashion show and an award is given to the person with  the most unique hat.

Unique hat ........ music to my ears. LOL

Well since I have made this type of hat before, I decided to make another with a winter theme. I made a fascinator.  Not familiar with a fascinator?? You know, those cool little hats we see the English ladies wearing - those are fascinators.  Well I won the prize for the most unique hat. I won a GC and an oh so warm throw that my cat seems to have taken ownership of already. LOL

Here is a pic with the hat on me at the event.



Here is a closer view of the hat. This was hard to photograph. 
Definitely harder than photographing a card. (LOL)


I used tulle, wire, snowflake foam stickers, fun foam snowflakes (cut from my AccuCut die) used at the base of the hat. I also used a blue glittered drink koozie, (yep a drink koozie, you know one of those drink  can holders), white glitter paper, 
snowflakes used for home decor and a plastic headband.  
A little hot glue and a snip here, a twist of wire there and vwela - a fascinator. 

This took me about 1 hour to make and I love the way it turned out. Hope you do too.

ps. here are links to 2 other hat projects I've done
Derby Hat My first go at making these type of hats
The Snowflake Hat - I assisted a friend Denise on this one.

I am submitting this in the following challenges:

Well it seems we crafty ones can come up with a lot of things other that cards. 
Thanks for stopping by and I will see you soon.

Barbara

13 comments:

lalkygirl said...

What a fabulous creation ..... love it ..
Congrats on the win
Tracey x

EmmaT said...

What an amazing fascinator and project to make, love the winter theme. Well done on winning. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Emma

Unknown said...

Wow! Beautiful!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

wow! awesome hat! very cool and congratulations!

Alicia

Beebeebabs said...

Wow absolutely beautiful thanks for sharing!!!

Josephine said...

Beautiful!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Verna Angerhofer said...

No wonder you won! That hat is amazing! And, you look amazing too. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh WOW what a fantastic creation you have made with your Fascinator I just love it. Great work.
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


Maikreations said...

Wow - just wow! Your hat turned out beautiful - I really love the winter theme and I must say it does suit you really well ;o) No surprise you won ;o) Thank you for sharing your unique and beautiful "Anything but a card" creation with us at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a great day and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What a great hat, love it and it looks great on. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

Wanda said...

Your hat is beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Wanda DT World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous Barbara xx
Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Dianne DT for the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card Thank you for joining us at Artistic Inspirations, Louise DT x