Monday, May 10, 2010

The Duveneck Memorial Art Show

Yesterday I attended the Deveneck Memorial Art Show. It is always held on Mothers Day and it was a great day for the show. The show was located in a park on Riverside Dr in an old section of Covington, KY  by the Ohio River. This is such a nice area of Covington. Some of the homes are from the Civil War days and they have been lovingly restored. It's just a beautiful part of town. It was a great day for the show, even though it was cold and windy with very little sunshine til I left. There were about 40 vendors and quite a lot of jewelry. My friend Carla and Angie were there, sharing a booth.


There was a lot of  diversity at the show.  But one of my favorites was a gentleman selling his art and some of it reminded me of zentangle. I really loved this man's work. I saw a few artists that were into pottery and one lady had exquisite paper art. I bought a few little items and took a few pics and looked at all the booths and then came home. By the time I was leaving the sun was finally coming out to warm up the day.

The next really nice art show will be Summerfair, held at old Coney Island June 4, 5 and 6. It is a show worth going to. It is a large event and very well attended. I like to go and spend the day. There is a lot to see.

Well that is how I spent most of Mothers Day. Then I went to a friends house for dinner. Hope you had a great Mothers Day too. 

That is it for now, thanks for stopping by, see you soon,

Barbara

No comments: