Thursday, October 27, 2011

Happy Birthday

Hi Everyone,
Well today is Thursday and you know what that means?? It's the beginning of the Weekly Art Impressions Challenge . Each Thursday Art Impressions introduces a new challenge. The theme this week is A Card for a Young Boy. And as I tried to figure out what Art Impressions image I was going to use, I remembered that I had a carousel horse and all kids love to go to the amusement park to ride the rides. I used a Happy Birthday sentiment, and covered it with a semi-transparent glitter - Sparkling Snow. I thought this card would be too cute for a a young boy.


Supplies used:
Carousel Horse -T1255 Art Impressions
Copic Markers - YG45, B28, E15, E43, Y35, R29
Spica Pens (by Copic) - Olive, Buttermilk
Card stock/Paper - Designer Paper, White CS, Yellow CS
Embellishments-Gold Acrylic Stone 
Frame - Spellbinders S5-012

Hope you are inspired and I will see you soon.


7 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

That is awesome! Love the image and the way you colored it too!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a great idea Barbara! Love the color combinations too.

Lana Clarke said...

Wonderful card Barbara and I love how you have framed the image xx

Amanda R said...

Love the frame around the carousel horse, great card!

Linda said...

Cute card Barbara. Great idea for the frame remninds me of a carousel pony.

Donna Ellis said...

a lovely card! pretty colors and even prettier details!

Anonymous said...

Sweet card! Love it!