Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Another Stencil

Hi Everyone,
How is your Tuesday going. I have another card to share with you that I made using a stencil as the focal point.  If you look at the pic up close, you will notice I outlined the larger parts of the stencilled design. I used a black Micron pen, and used 005 size point. You will find that the outline makes the image just pop. I used Twinkling H2O's on dry watercolor paper. You can use card stock as well. Just make sure your watercolor product is not real drippy. I used a brush to apply. I did not use an aqua brush, you know the ones that hold water in the handle, they get too drippy and you cannot control the water flow that well.


The green triangles you see, have been made using a corrugated square. I pulled the top piece of the square off to reveal the wavy inside. I painted the corrugated side with green acrylic paint and glued it over the punched white CS panel. Next I attached the stencilled design over the corrugated square.

Well I think I have the stencils out of my mind for a while. LOL But you never know, you may see more.
That is it for now, see you soon




5 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

Those stencil cards really make a statement Barb. I like how you outlined with the pen - it really makes the colors pop!

Brenda said...

Great job with the stencils!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! This is really stunning. I love the bright colors too. Thanks for sharing.

Donna Ellis said...

I'd love seeing the details up close, Barbara! It's a beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Barbara,
this is beautiful! Great card! Love seeing your work.