Friday, April 6, 2012

Sparkle N Sprinkle Sketch Challenge

Hi Everyone

I thought I'd show you one of my takes on the Sparkle N Sprinkle April  sketch challenge


I thought I'd use stamp set 403 By the Sea. This set is so cool and is perfect for a card or maybe a great layout for that wonderful trip to the beach. 



I used the design in the landscape view. Next I colored the castle with colored pencils and shaded it with gamsol. I applied VersaMark over the image and covered the image with shimmer ep , EP135, then heat set it. I popped the seashell with dimensional foam. I hope this gives you inspiration to enter the Sketch challenge this month.

We'd love to see your creation and you will be eligible to win a stamp set of your choice. So click here to go over to the Sparkle N Sprinkle sketch page for more information and to add  your creation to be eligible to win.


Thanks for stopping in today.






4 comments:

C said...

The pencil/gamsol gives your sandcastle a real sand look! Love your creation, Barbara.

Brenda said...

Love how you have the birds done on the background as a watermark look.

Donna Ellis said...

I like the way you have cut out the sandcastle, Barbara, and the shading around the shells! The layers are so pretty!

Julie Z said...

Sorry I missed this over the Easter holiday. Great take on the sketch using the central swirl/"wave" to inspire a beach theme! And isn't it funny how many of us flipped the sketch to a landscape view. Like minds think alike - lol!