Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mother's Day

Hi Everyone
Mother's Day will be here in a few weeks so I thought I'd make a card with that theme in mind to share with you today.

I've used a patterned paper from Prima. It's in a 6"X6" pad named Firefly. I might have to get another. It's just yummy!!


I decided to stamp directly on this paper and I used a flower and the verse from great set from Our Daily Bread designs. It's called Mother's Day. Perfect for this card theme. I stamped the flower using a white and a purple & green embossing powder. BTW, the swirl on top of the paper is part of the actual paper design.



 Here is a view from the right side of the card.




Check out my bow in this close up. As I was deciding on the placement of everything on the card, I decided to try to make a bow that was lopsided on purpose. You know, the loops on one side are longer than the other. I also used 3 different ribbons on the card. Two different ribbons make up my lopsided bow and there are also 2 different ribbons layered down the front of the card panel.

If you are looking for a great bow making tool, then, you will love the tool I always use. It's from Craft-Dee BowZ. Easy to use and easy to take with you on crops etc.Click here to place your order.


Here is a close up view of those 2 embossed flowers. I actually was careful in using different EP colors on the purple flower. It worked out nicely.


I stamped the verse on a Spellbinders Ironworks Accents die cut piece of white cs. Those flowers were made using a My Favorite Things die, Rolled Mum. In making these flowers I decided to cut the petals in thirds, like you are cutting fringe. I liked the way this looks more than the way the die is designed with those larger petals.

Thanks for stopping in today, see you soon.


7 comments:

Gina said...

That card is simply beautiful. I love it.

Anne Temple said...

Lovely card with lots of great elements. Really like your lopsided bow.

Brenda said...

Beautiful colors! May have to investigate that pad of DP... Very gorgeous creation

Unknown said...

Oh Barbara this is lovely! Absolutely LOVE the multi layered bow. The colors are just so soothing, like being at a spa!
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

2 peas in a pod said...

Very pretty card, Barbara.The designer paper is awesome! Hugs

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love your creation here Barbara, Love the "fringy" flowers and the bow is amazing!

Donna Ellis said...

Barbara, great idea about the bow - it is nice and full, and will still fit in an envelope! Leave it to you - you always figure out the most interesting AND innovative ways of using our supplies. That layered ribbon looks gorgeous on the card, and the 2 colors in the bow are very pretty. Love embossed images, too! VERY PRETTY -- nooooo -- VERY PURRRRRRR-TY (as Buddy would say) LOL