Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Water Coloring the Art Impressions Way



Hi Everyone,
Hope you are having a wonderful week. Here in the Greater Cincinnati area we've had 70 degree temps and 6/10" snow all within a few days time. Spring, please come and stay.

Last Saturday, I offered a a class at Simply Said Rubber Stamps, Water Color the Art Impressions Way. I had 8 in my class and we all had a great time.

I guided the ladies thru this easy technique, making 2 panels using 2 different stamp sets. We used stamps from Series 7 Set 1 on the 1st panel



Here is my class sample

After that panel was completed we moved on to a second panel using Series 7 Set 2



Here  the class sample for the 2nd project panel.


The foliage from set 1 is also used when using set 2. Also to achieve the water color effect, water color paper is a must, card stock will bow.. Also the ink you use to stamp must be a water based dye ink. Waterproof or permanent ink will not let the ink move and soften.We used Distress Inks, Marvy Inks and Adirondack Inks. Tombows are also a great marker to use. And you can use markers or pads just make sure the ink is water based. Alcohol inks, pigment, and Memento inks will not work. There are probably other markers and ink pads that can be added to either list.

This was a fun class and the ladies did a fantastic job on their "water coloring the Art Impressions Way."

If you have never tried this technique, don't hesitate. It is really easy and the end result is really nice.

This weekend is my regular card class at Simply Said Rubber Stamps. I will be sharing those cards with you starting Sunday. 

Spring is coming slowly, but it must be on the back of a turtle. LOL 

Have a great day


5 comments:

Shirley said...

Barb, those are just gorgeous!! I love water color and yours is a work of art ready to be framed!!

Vicki said...

Wow, these are amazing, Barb! I want to take your classes!

Shona Erlenborn said...

How soft and pretty Barb! Great results.

Eret said...

These stamp sets are so pretty and your samples are stunning. Love the soft watercolor look. I wish I could take your classes.
Hugs,
Eret

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely stunning designs. I love the look of watercolors. Yours is awesome!