Monday, September 22, 2014

Three Perfect Mushrooms

Hi Eveyone,

How are you all today??

Today I took the coolest class at Simply Said Rubber Stamps in Loveland, Ohio,  The Stylish Stylus, was one of two classes taught by Peggy Jo Ackley of Pink Ink Stamp Company. This class taught us how to create fun patterns and add great borders with a stylus tool and colored pencils.This embossing technique really is a great way to embellish stamped images. I was so amazed at the results. Hmm... you may see more from me using this unique technique.

Here is the stamped image that I started with.
By the way, this stamped image is one from the many stamps available 
from Pink Ink Stamp Company. Check out Peggy's wonderful stamp selection. 


 Here is the same stamped image after I had finished embossing and coloring. 

See all the white lines and designs that appear on the mushrooms?? I added the designs using a stylus.After I drew in the designs the next step was coloring using colored pencils.After you color then your designs will become visible. Pretty cool!!

Let me share the completed card I made using the stamped image after it was embossed and colored.


If you ever have the opportunity to take a class from Peggy Jo Ackley, do so, you will not be sorry. I loved this class and am already looking forward to her next visit. 


I am adding this card in the following challenges:

That's it for today.

See you soon

7 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

So pretty - love your colored mushrooms - so much fun Barb!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Love all those darling mushrooms and the fun way you created them. I bet that was so much fun!

Golden Goddess Designs said...

very nice! I want to try this technique!

Desire Fourie said...

Just adore the colourful mushrooms and that bow is just scrumptious.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend with a little time to put your feet up and relax.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'

Susan

Sammy said...

How adorable, and that bow is just gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Helen said...

Love it! A great card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls.

Helen x