Wednesday, October 9, 2019

October Stamp Club Challenge Card

Hello crafty people

Last night was the monthly stamp club gathering and we had a great time as always.

Last month we were given a challenge piece that was a real challenge for me. 
(I guess that's why its considered a challenge)
It is a lenticular lens scene - halloween themed. I know you are wondering what is a lenticular lens??? We we've all seen them and held them and looked at them with some awe, or at least I have. A lenticular lens will change if you move it back and forth. Check out the definition here

I took a few pics of the piece in hopes you can see the scene changes if I re-positioned my hand.


The ghosts are different and so is the pumpkin

OK anyway, this piece is large, it's a 6"X 6" piece 
and if I trimmed it, some of the scenes would be cut off
 So I decided to make a trick or treat bag 
and this challenge piece would be the focal point
of a bag topper. 

I used a white gift bag and covered the front with an orange print DP piece


Next I made my bag topper
I cut a scalloped rectangle and then layered a purple scalloped rectangle piece over that.
On the purple layer I added the lenticular piece.
Adding some bats and some scull & cross bones die cuts really finished it off.


I slid it onto the bag over one of the handles and WELLA.....
it's a trick ot treat bag


This bag could also be used as a larger spooky dried flower arrangement holder 
or a great gift bag to hold a gift

I love making bag toppers.
They really dress up a plain bag. 
I think it gives the bag its own personality.

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Paper/Card Stock: Purple CS, Black CS, DP
Ink: Distress Ink - Old Paper (used on the skull & bones)
Dies Used: Sizzix Tim Holtz Mini Bat & Skull set (Movers & Shapers)  Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Rectangles
Accessories: White Gift Bag, Lenticular Lens Halloween scene

I am submitting my project in the following challenges:

Stop back Friday to see the themed card I made for the October meeting

Hope you got some inspiration from this project.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to see you again on Friday.


10 comments:

Jackie T said...

What a great gift bag. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog for challenge #68 which is Anything Goes. The sponsor is Limited Runs. Hugs Jackie DT xxx

Darlene said...

What a fabulous Trick or Treat bag Barb! Yes it fits our challenge since you did use the dies! I have never heard or done this technique ... how fun!! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Dies R Us challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DIES R US
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Sherri said...

Awesome way to use your dies and making a bag out of your cute scene was brilliant! Thanks for joining our Dies R Us challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and a technique I had never heard of. But it sure makes a great bag!

Sian said...

This is brilliant. I love it! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Sian (DT).

Arlene said...

New technique for sure. I still don't know how you did it, but it's terrific. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Sue - said...

What a fantastic gift bag. Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Guyz.

Manuela said...

thank you for participating in the challenge of The Chafting Challenge, remember that you must be a follower of the blog Dt Manuela

Sherri said...

WOW! Awesome treat bag! Anyone would love this for certain! Thanks so much for joining our Dies R Us challenge!

Cindy C. said...

Oh so spooky and fun!! Thanks for joining in October Challenge at Die Cut Divas.