Friday, November 15, 2019

November Stamp Club Challenge Card

Hello crafty people
Tuesday night was the monthly stamp club gathering
 at my house and we had a great time as always.

Last month we were given a challenge piece offered a lot of possibilities.

Each of us were given a bag of goodies and we were to use anything in the bag to use on our challenge card. 

Here is what was in the bag. Lots of stuff........ for sure
There are felt tags, a stamp, fabric tape, duct tape and some ribbon all in that bag.

We could use 1 thing or whatever we wanted from this stash, on our card.

I am not a CAS card maker 
but I decided to use that David Tutera fabric tape 
and that stamp and make a CAS card.

Here is the finished card.

I only used 2 items from that great bag of goodies. 
The center horizontal pinkish piece is the David Tutera fabric tape
 and I also used the stamp. 
The rest of the vertical and horizontal pieces
 on this card are washi tape from my own stash. 
I wove these together and added my stamped image.

How I did my fabric/washi tape -
I attached the tapes onto cardstock in strips. 
Next I cut the strips apart right along the edges of the tape. 
Then I decided the lengths I wanted to use and cut the lengths. 
Then I notched the ends. 
I then wove the pieces and used tape on the backside 
and attached this piece to the card.

I stamped the words onto CS, cut it into a rectangle 
and inked the edges and attached it to the card front and I was done.

The tape is bright and cheerful 
and this design would make a great birthday card 
and I am sure you could come up with other themes as well

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Clear stamp Inkadinkado - Friends Words (This is a very old stamp and is no longer in production)
Paper/Card Stock
: White CS
Ink: Moments - Angel Pink. India Ink - Black
AccessoriesFabric tape, Washi tape

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:

Hope this card gave you some ideas!!! 
Instead of Washi tape you could also use printed paper scraps. 
And we all save every last piece of paper, don't we. LOL
I know I do. 

Well that is it for now. Hope you have a crafty weekend
I will be back soon 

 

8 comments:

Marsha Reed said...

Great card, Barbara! Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wow! That must have been a fun challenge. And I certainly think you pulled it off in great fashion. I love your pretty Washi tape weaving. Cool sentiment too!

Karen Brown said...

What a fun use of Washi tape! Bright and fun with a great sentiment block. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen-DT

JanR said...

Terrific card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

OlgaB said...

Such lovely and bright creation!
Thank you for joining Creative Moments.
💝 from Africa!
OlgaB

Beverly said...

Hi Barbara,

It's Beverly Cole. I have tried to send you an email response, but it keeps bouncing back because it is being recognized as spam. Here is your response.

First, did you know that you won our Arstystamper Digitals Challenge? Check it out! You win a free digital set from my shop…and right now I am offering a special free Seaside Holiday set with certain sets if purchased. (Christmas or Seaside Wreath).

I would love to sponsor your November Challenge. I also offer a discount to design team members during the month of the challenge of 50% off. The winner of the challenge would receive their choice of a free digital set from my shop…they choose.

I hope that sounds good to you. I would like to have your badge to post on my blog.

Thanks so much, and have a good day,
Bev aka Artsystamper

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

What a great project! So cool! Thanks for sharing it with us at Digi Choosday good luck and hope to see you again!

Jennifer, DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Great card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry so late commenting! I’ve had a busy couple of months!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper