Wednesday, November 13, 2019

November Stamp Club Theme Card

Well hello crafters,
Hope everyone is staying warm. As I write this, it's 12° outside - too cold for the first part of November IMHO. (I am in the Greater Cincinnati area.)

Tonight was the monthly stamp club meeting and the theme card was "Just Say Thanks".

For my theme card, I  used a Bugaboo image and for the sentiment I used a really old stamp that contains the alphabet and I then punched the letters out and placed them above the image.


I fussy cut the image and there was some white space left and I felt it detracted from the image and the card. So, I found a gray spectrum noir alcohol marker that matched up pretty well with the gray in the DP so I colored in all the white space and it matched up nicely. However this photo shows that gray marker kind of blue, but on the card it is more gray.

We had a wonderful time and planned our Christmas get together for next month. I have calls to make to get a reservation for  the 7 of us at a restaurant for our December meeting and we have 3 places on our list. (Some places will not take reservations, so I have 3 places, in order of preference, and hopefully one of these 3 will take reservations.)

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Rubber Stamp - Circle Framed Alphabet - Great Impressions (still available on their site), Digital Bugaboo - Pumpkins and Leaves
Paper/Card Stock
: Orange CS, Black CS, White CS DP
Ink: Memento - Tangelo
Accessories: Spectrum Noir Markers, Small Circle Punch

We always have a challenge card to make as well, and I will share that one with you on Friday. So please stop back to check it one out. A hint - if you like CAS,  this one might be right up your alley. 

I am submitting this card to the following challenges:

Thanks so much for stopping in today.  Hope you have a great week and stay warm. 

   

9 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Great card! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Crafting Happiness Challenge. Did you know you can see upcoming challenge themes in the sidebar? Check it out! Hope you'll share more of your projects.
Janis
Pause Dream Enjoy
Crafting Happiness Challenges
Facebook Page for Pause Dream Enjoy

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your choice of image is awesome and it is a beautiful card design and great colors.

Dawn Sirdefield said...

Great card, so colourful. I do love those Bugaboo images. Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at Digi Choosday looking forward to see you again soon.
Hugs Dawn xx
DIGI CHOOSDAY DT
Cards for all Occasions {My Blog}

Jackie C said...

Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @AFC

Maikreations said...

Great card! Love the many layers and the bright colours ;o) Thank you for playing along with our "Thankful" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a wonderful Sunday and happy crafting, Maike ;o)

Josephine said...

Beautiful Autumn colours and a lovely card!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Lin said...

Perfectly pretty design and perfect for my Thankful challenge.

Lin
Crafty Cardmakers

Julie said...

Super cute fall card
Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday!
Julie T

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the images on this card and what a great idea for the theme. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good look with the challenge, Angela xXx