Wednesday, January 15, 2020

January Stamp Club Theme Card

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are having a wonderful month. January seems to be flying by but I guess they all fly by anymore. LOL

Last nite we gathered together for the monthly stamp club meeting.

We had a great time, as always. 
It's always great fun catching up with everyone and looking at the cards we've all made.

The January theme was Winter Wonderland.

Have you ever had a card that looks good in person and not good at all in the photograph??
Well this card gave me fits.
The first time I photographed it, the trees in the foreground had no color and on the pic and the trees in the background, I started out using die cuts, using white cs and glitter.
, those die cut trees did not appear to even be there. Too much white.

So, I started over. New card  etc.
On this 2nd card, I used a stamp and stamped the background pine trees.
Assembled everything and added a lighter shade of green to the edges
 of the die cut trees in the foreground,
 but in the pic, it looked yellow - not happy with that at all,
(see below)

Next , I used a medium green and lightly went over that light green edging on the pine trees,
well, it looked better, but just not quite there yet
Lastly, I used a shade darker green and since I was using an alcohol marker,
 I used the blender pen to soften that green outline on the fir trees.
All right!!!
Let me share my final version of the card with you.

There is a lot of glitter on this card,
 however it just doesn't show up very well in this pic.(Sorry)
 I also used dies and an embossing folder 

Whew!!
Sometimes a vision of a card is very hard to get to come to fruition
  and even harder to photograph. LOL

After taking umteen pics, I needed to call this one finished 
or I think I would have decided to redo
 the whole dang card again and I didn't want to do that. 
What a card. LOL

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Rubber stamps - Stampscapes - Pine Row (One of my fav's)
Paper/Card Stock
:White CS, Creamy Yellow CS, White Glitter paper (used on the Woodlands Trees), Gray CS to add an edge to the lamppost.
Ink: Memento - Bamboo Leaves, Summer Sky
Dies Used: Sizzix -  Tim Holtz Thinlits Woodlands, Sizzix Tim Holtz Alterations Holiday Lamppost (Steel Rule Die)
Accessories:Glitter, Darice Embossing Folder - Snowflake Swirl, Spectrum Noir - Alcohol Markers

I am entering my card in the following challenges:





Thanks for stopping by, and I hope this card inspired you.

BTW, I will be back Friday with my Stamp Club Challenge card.
You'll have to stop in then to see what we had to use on our challenge card.

See ya then!!

No comments: