Tuesday, May 12, 2020

To Brighten Your Day

Hello everyone

I thought I'd pop in to share with you a sweet card. Hopefully this will make you smile.

I think sunflowers are a smile making flower. So here is a card I made using a sunflower that can be found in the Sunny Sunflower Digital Stamp and Paper Kit. Click here to check out everything you receive in this super kit.


Before I forget - The Artsystamper Shop has a sale going on - 25% off  a purchase of $20.00 or more until May 15. You have a few days before the sale ends. 

When I was deciding on what the card was going to look like, I decided to make the flower about 
5 3/4"X 5 3/4" So I  printed 2 of them out and colored one with colored pencils and used gamsol to shade. I then could not make the card I had in mind, it just wasn't going to work. 
So I decided on a   5" X7" card with the sunflower off to one side. I fussy cut the flower postioned it to the side of the card and snipped off the petals that hung off the edges.  The other sunflower I had printed, I colored some petals and cut those out placed them randomly and giving the flower more of a 3-D  effect. I also cut the center of the flower out colored it and popped it up after I glued the extra petals. 

Here is a side view


I added a few flat backed bronze pearls and the sentiment and this card is done.

This digital set has other sunflower images as well, 
so I hope you take a peak at what is included in the set. 

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digital - The Artsystamper - Sunny Sunflower Digital Stamp and Paper Kit
Paper/Card Stock
: Kraft CS, White CS, DP from the digital kit
AccessoriesDimensional foam, Flat Backed Pearls, Inktense and Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping in today. Hope I have inspired you. I will be back soon 

Stay safe. Stay well


14 comments:

brenda said...

How very pretty and colourful, perfect for our 'Say it with Flowers' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge, thanks so much for joining us again.

B x

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles DigiChooseday challenge hugs Sue x

Tre Rockenbach said...

Very nice, Barb! Glad to see you're staying safe and staying creative!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous! I love the way you designed the card with that sunflower kit.

jimlynn said...

Sunflowers really do make you smile - and I'm smiling after seeing your beautiful card! Love the image and all that dimension. Beautiful!
Thanks so much for joining us at Jan's Digi Shop Challenge.
Lynn

Jan Mahew said...

Barbara- what a wonderful layered, colorful creation! Love the coloring/background and those bronzed pearls seal the deal! Thanks again for entering JDS May Blog Challenge. Good luck and stay safe.
Hugs,
Jan (owner/illustrator Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing with us at Love to Craft Challenge Blog!  XXO, Aimeslee DT

Intruderlady said...

Beautiful Love the big flower.
Thanks for playing along in our Digi Doodle Studios "Flower Power Challenge". Good luck with your entry.
Kitty
DDS DT

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Well I have to say that your card has definitely brightened my day.Thank you for joining us in our 'Say It With Flowers ' challenge at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

Maryann scrapbooking said...

J'adore cette carte et rous les petits détails comme les perles de bronze.

Patsy Long said...

Wow! This is really beautiful. Love your colouring and card design. Thanks for playing along in our Digi Doodle Studios challenge. Best of luck - Patsy

Aunty Sue said...

Beautiful card and thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Digi Doodles Studios challenge blog. Good luck and hope you can join us next month for more fun.
AuntySue
https://digidoodlestudios.com/
https://digidoodlestudioschallengeblog.blogspot.com/
https://auntysuescraftcavern.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Helen said...

A great creation - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x