Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Merry Christmas to You

 How are you doing today???

Sometimes I have a very over active imagination. The other night I envisioned a wreath made with a Martha Stewart Leaves and Branch punch that is in my stash. Wasn't sure it would work but I kept seeing it done in my minds eye. So I tried it. And it came out just as my mind saw it. And this time I took pics so you could see how I did it.

Here is the finished card.



OK let me show you how I did this

I started out punching out 2 strips  about 11" long each




Next I gently bent the punched strip kind of like a small pleat.
I made sure to keep the strip flat (see the white arrows)
I made these bends at various points along the strip,
maybe 4 or 5 pleats total

When I got to the end of the strip
I made adjustments making sure to keep the strip flat 
but making sure the strip was in a circular shape 
and added glue to the end to keep the wreath shape.




I made two wreath trying to keep the sizes about the same.


Next I stacked the wreaths on top of each other  to give me the fullness I wanted.
I glued these wreaths together and it looked really full, just like I wanted.


Next  I added some berrie,s so I used flat backed pearls,
but you could use nuvo drops instead.


I made a bow and attached it to the wreath bottom  and using dimensional foam,
popped the wreath up on the card front.

Here is the finished card again


This was super easy to do and it's just another way to use a punch
that gives you a strip but not a round/arc shape.

Hope you give this a try. 
The punch I used is no longer available for purchase that I could find
 but you never know, you may find it somewhere
or you may have or find something similar, or
you could be lucky and have it in your stash of punches.

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT

Paper/Card Stock: White CS, Green CS, Red CS, DP

Dies Used: Martha Stewart  - Leaves and Branch;Elizabeth Craft Designs - Merry Christmas
Accessories: Flat Backed red pearls, Red seam binding


I am submitting my card in the following challenges:


 Thank you and have a happy, safe and fantastic week.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at Arty Divas.

DT Stacey
www.butterflycreations.blog

Mia said...

Lovely card! Gorgeous wreath!
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Jan’s Digi Stamps with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Jan’s Digi Stamps
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Arteconpapelmaderaehilos said...

Lovely card. Thanks you for joining with us at Digi Choosday Crafting challlenge. Good luck with your entry
Maritza DT

Jan Mahew said...

Barbara, Your wreath is executed perfectly! Thank you for sharing your classical creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Join us each month for a NEW challenge. Have a safe and healthy Holiday Season.
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)