Friday, June 25, 2021

It's Your Happy Day

 Hello and TGIF.(I know, Friday is almost over, as I post this)

Another week almost over and a new month starts next week. Geez, where have I been!! Six months til Christmas, the time is screaming by. I guess I better start getting my Christmas cards ready. Otherwise I will be behind the eight-ball. LOL

Well I have another card using my Heartfelt Creations Clematis stamps/dies/molds. I think this will be the last Clematis card for a while. I have some new butterfly stamps coming next week. And who doesn't like butterflies!!

I was looking in a stamping mag and saw this card style and thought the Clematis stamps might look great in this card design. This card was called a Braced Aperture Card in the magazine but it's also known as a tent fold card. 

Lets take a peek at my finished card!!

card front


Side view

This card does not open up, so any message you might want to add along with your signature,  will have to go on the back of the card. I added a brace to the bottom of the card. It gives the card the ability to stand open and it doesn't sag.(You can see that brace in the 2nd pic) I made a lattice background from scraps of CS and attached it to the inside back of the card. I stamped and colored the birdhouse, the individual blooms, the birds and the viny leaves, ran the blooms and the leaves thru their individual molds and attached the images onto the lattice. The images are on the inside and the front of the card, and since there is a circle cutout on the front, the scene is always able to be seen and looks very dimensional. 

I added a holographic frame to the circle to draw your eye to the circle and the scene inside the circle. 

SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT

Stamps: Heartfelt Creations - Clematis blooms, Birdhouse, Leafy Accents stamps
Paper/Card Stock
White CS, Kraft CS, Tan CS, Holographic CS, DP
Ink: Tsukineko Momento - Peanut Brittle, Lilac Posies,  Olive Grove, Bamboo Leaves; VersaFine Clair Morning Mist; Distress Oxide - Tattered Rose
Dies UsedHeartfelt Creations - Clematis blooms die, Birdhouse die, Leafy Accents stamps die
AccessoriesSpectrum Noir alcohol Markers, Staedler Triplus Fineliner (various colors); I used the Molds from Heartfelt Creations to shape - Clematis blooms, Leafy Accents 

 

I am submitting this card to the following challenges:


Well that's it for today. Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend and I will be back soon.

6 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh what a beautifully designed project. Looks amazing. Nice work.
Thank you for entering your lovely project in Class Design Challenge. Best of luck with your entry.
Annette DT

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely beautiful in every way. Wonderful stamps and dies and gorgeous colors.

Dawn Phillips said...

This is so beautifully created. I love the stamps you've used. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge. Love Dawn x

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is stunning, Barb. Love all the dimension that you have created!

tilly said...

a beautiful card with your clematis, nice design, thank you for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

Marjeta said...

WOW! This is great card with super details. Thanks for playing with us at Colour Crazy.