Friday, September 1, 2023

Have a Great Day

 WOW, can you believe it!! We've just started a new month. And that means there's a new Birthstone Challenges starting today, (September 1). The challenge runs September 1 thru October 15.

The Birthstone Challenge is a color challenge blog, welcoming all types of handmade projects such as cards, scrapbook layouts, ATCs, mixed media, altered items, 3-D projects, etc. using the featured birthstone colors. 

There are two birthstone colors featured in each challenge and those colors must be the main colors seen in the gallery. You're required to use only one of the colors in each of your projects, however, you may use both if you want. A monochrome color pallet would be wonderful but not required. 

Here are the colors for the September/October challenge


For my project I decided to use the Sapphire color and I thought my card would be perfect to send to someone for any reason. It's always nice to receive a card for "just because."


I used ovals and as I placed them on the card, it kind of reminded me of fish scales. Hmmm,  maybe I should have used some fish images instead of flowers. LOL

This card is easy to assemble and I love that layered and somewhat different look those ovals give off. I love using flowers and dug thru my die collection, using an older flower die set to accent the card. I'm sure that you have some beautiful flowers or something else that will be a beautiful accent on the card you make. Hope you like my inspiration and hope it gives you some ideas.

Products I have used:

Paper usedWhite CS,DP (background) - Heartfelt Creations, Sapphire Blue CS, Blue Pearl CS
Misc usedWhite Flatback Pearls, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Ink TB8 (used to color the pearls), Embossing Folder, Oval Punch
Stamps usedStamped sentiment - Hero Arts (old)
Dies usedFlowers - Elizabeth Crafts - Victorian flower set 1, Victorian Flower overlay Set 1
Leaves - Heartfelt Creations - Leafy Accents

Thanks for stopping in today and I will be back soon. Hope to see you then

2 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Stunning card!

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning card Barbara,love the embosing and beautiful dies
Carol x