Monday, September 30, 2013

Craft Dee BowZ Challenge for October

Hi Everyone,
If you are looking for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Challenge and Reveal post click here.

I'm so glad you stopped by today.Welcome to my post for my project for the October Craft-Dee BowZ Challenge.

Since its October  are you decorating for Halloween? What a fun time for the kids, getting dressed up, carving pumpkins, eating candy!!! Oh yes, there are the Halloween costume parties for the grown-ups as well.

Since we are getting ready for Halloween, here is a cute card ready to be sent. Hey!!, wouldn't this make a cute Halloween party invitation!!!



This pumpkin is so cute and it's a favorite of mine. I decided to dress the card up with purple Prima flowers. Those sparkly leaves are made from vellum, colored with markers  and then I added glitter to the vein areas and  and I can't forget....there's the purple and black bow. I used 2 different ribbons and love how it turned out. That purple ribbon is really spectacular, it has glitter already on it, plus it's wired (my favorite kind of ribbon) so it really made a fabulous bow.


Here's a closer view of that bow. And I used my Craft-Dee BowZ to make it.


Just a glimpse of the sparkly leaf and some of those Prima Flowers that I layered with orange glitter added to the centers.

The Craft-Dee BowZ challenge for October has begun and it would be great to see your project over on their blog as an entry. And you can submit anything, doesn't need to be a Halloween project. The theme is always Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow.Click here to go over to the Craft-Dee BowZ blog and send us your submission.

I will be back tomorrow with my normal 1st Tuesday of the month post for Craft-Dee BowZ , one day later this month. Hope you stop back 'cause I have something really cute to show you.


5 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Barbara! This is a beautiful card! Love the pretty assortment of purply flowers on the spine, and the gorgeous combined ribbon colors and sparkle there, too! Barbara, such rich, luscious colors! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a wow factor card! Love the orange and purple, and the bow is terrific! Love your vellum leaves too. Stunning creation Barb!

Donna Maligno said...

Sensational card! Love the pumpkin and the idea of purple glittered flowers to compliment your fabulous bow.

Anne Temple said...

Wonderful Halloween card. Love the sparkly bow.

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Really love this pumpkin....its very cute. Also love the orange and purple colors together. I use that color combo lots for Halloween. Great ribbon and BOW!!