Wednesday, May 1, 2019

For the Big League

Welcome to May.

I am so excited to welcome in the month of May.
Hopefully warmer weather and a little less rain will be coming our way.

Baseball season has started and I'm sure little league is in full swing (no pun intended) as well.

Since it's the first of the month, Craft-Dee BowZ has started their May Challenge.

The CDB challenge is a monthly challenge and the theme is always:
Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow.

That's easy enough, LOL

The sponsor for May at Craft-Dee BowZ is





Since it's baseball season, I spied this cute baseball batter over on the Cute as a Button site
 and since they are the sponsor this month I just had to use him

He is the Sandlot Slugger
and he is perfect for a birthday card for that little leaguer in your life.


When I started this card, I envisioned a baseball stadium in the background. 
Found the stadium image off the internet and it works perfect with the CAAB image. 
Also I saw some baseball stats in the sports section of the paper
 so I used those to add some additional interest to the card.

The sentiment is something I thought up and it's a great fit, I think. 

I added a simple little single loop bow to this card.
Needed something that was not frilly. 

Here are some pics of me making that sweet little bow


I've wrapped the ribbon around the 2 pegs so it looks like a U 
with the tales(ends of ribbon) at the top, 
and then I overlap the ends of the ribbon. 
Kind of like an awareness ribbon.


The ribbon end that's on the top
 gets threaded under the ribbon and between the posts and 
pulled up

These 2 tails of ribbon need to be tied in a knot
And those tails need to be pulled tight.


And wella, you have a bow. 
It is so easy and is quick to make a bow.

Here is the tool




SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digi - Cute As A Button - The Sandlot Slugger
Paper/Card Stock
: Red CS, Lt. gray CS, Med. Gray CS, White CS
AccessoriesRibbon, Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, dimensional foam, Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, Glue Dot, Stadium Digital image - Off the internet, Stats in the corners - from local newspaper. 

I am submitting my card to the following challenges:






5 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card for a little slugger. Great use of images, colors and of course ribbon.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is fabulous sooooo good for a boy, - perfect.
Faith
PS Thanks for the visit.

Laura's Craft Closet said...

Very cute card. And since I am someone who is notoriously bad at making bows, thank you for showing how you made your wonderful bow!! Glad you shared with us at Crafting By Designs 😊

Mari said...

Your card is very beautiful! I'll try out this method of tying bows :) Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts!

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Great card. my husband will die if I make one like this, lol Thank you for play with us at Pink Gems Challenge.