Tuesday, May 7, 2019

With Thanks

Welcome to the first Tuesday of May.

Time for inspiration Tuesday over at Craft-Dee BowZ. 
The May challenge at CDB has started and runs thru the end of the month. 
We hope you enter and you could be the next winner. 
The theme is always Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow. 

The May sponsor is Cute As A Button and the prize is 2 black and white images. 

On April 30,  I posted about a card using acrylic, printable acrylic.
 I printed a digital image onto the printable acrylic. 
That image was pre-colored and it turned out great. 
Check out that post here.

Well for this card, I decided to use a stamped image instead of a digital image.
 I also wanted to test out the alcohol markers and regular markers in coloring the image.

I think it really turned out great.

The image had a lot of open areas that needed to be colored. Perfect for my test. 

I stamped the image on the rough side, using black Staz-On, the side you would print on. I also colored the image on that rough side, I used alcohol markers and some distress markers. 
Both worked great.

Once done with the  coloring, I attached some glitter film to the back of that acetate, 
making sure I attached the glitter to the rough side. 
Next I added a white cardstock piece to the back so the image and the glitter really show up.

I added some gold strips to the sides and a bow and I mounted that on a creamy yellow card base. 
And my card is finished.

I really love working with the printable acrylic sheets.
Hope you will try using them as well.

That bow - Made it using my Craft-Dee BowZ
Made a single loop bow. Perfect for this 5X7 card.


SUPPLIES I USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Art Gone Wild - Catherine Scanlon - Daisies
Paper/Card Stock
: White CS, Creamy Yellow CS, Gold CS
Ink: Staz-On Black
AccessoriesRibbon, Craft-Dee BowZ  tool, Spectrum Noir alcohol Markers, Tim Holtz  Distress Markers, Glitter Sheets (Stamp on It), Printable Acrylic Sheets (Staples)
I am submitting my card to the following challenges:


Hope you are inspired by my card. 
Have a great week. 
I will be back soon.



14 comments:

brenda said...

A really pretty floral creation using the lovely Daisies, thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black and More 'Feminine challenge and also our 'English Country Garden' theme at Stamping Sensations.

B x

Linby said...

Such a pretty floral card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
Lynn
DT

Shona Erlenborn said...

Gorgeous result Barbara.

Marlies said...

A beautiful flower card Barbara. I like the added bow, a very nice effect.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps and at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and well colored. Love the bow!

Christine said...

This is stunning! Thanks for sharing your experience; it sounds like a fun technique, and the results are fabulous.
Thanks for sharing at Jo's Scrap Shack!
Blessings,
Christine
DT Member
https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Jackie C said...

Just perfect for the Challenge! Great project! Fabulous that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy. Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

Helen said...

Beautifully made - love all that glitter.

Thanks for joining us at Jo's Scrap Shack.

Helen x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Get Creative, good luck!!! Amy DT

coldwaters2 said...

Gorgeous floral creation love the image also the wonderful colours thank you for joining us at ADDICTED TO STAMPS
hugs
lorraine x

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Love your card. and your cats. Thank you for play with us at Pink Gems Challenge.

Nélida Cordón said...

Beautiful card, Barbara! Love the flowers and the elegant bow.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Colouring in Scrapland
Hugs
Nélida

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Crafty Pink Pixie said...

Pretty card! Love the coloring and floral image! Thank you for joining the Dare 2B Artzy May Challenge! -Tasha